Best and Worst Sports Logos

TheRoyalsFan20

So. I posted this in the wrong place the first time. Hopefully that will be sent to the graveyard. Anyway i made this because of some articles i read along time ago with a similar name. Maybe ill post a link to it. Anyways this is your own opinions and pretty much your good old discussion thread. MLB is first. The American League to be posted later.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American League

Toronto Blue Jays

Best

2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.png

This is by far Toronto's best logo. Many will probably say the 1977 logo but this was a spectacular redesign and an amazing reiteration of the 1977 classic. Lets hope Toronto gets to the World Series with this Logo.

Worst

v2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.png

Wow. This is garbage. Though it is a nice salute to the steroid era, it is a terrible rendition of the jay. The leaf tattoo seems out of place for me, the T did not need blue lines, i could keep going, but i am not going to.

Texas Rangers

Best

Old-Texas-Rangers-Logo.jpg

Classic. The best logo in Rangers history, probably one of the best in MLB history. It signify's the Nolan Ryan Era and an era of awesome logos.

Worst

likgo4j232tbvql5miq9fifhb.png

This alternate, rolled out in 2003 and used for 1 year, is nothing special. When the Rangers underwent a total makeover this was the alternate used. Little to say, i don't think many Rangers fan cried when it made its exit pretty quickly.

Tampa Bay Rays

Best

8ussmr9nym262dzff1g7te1it.png

Tampa Bay has never really had a spectacular logo. But this one was definitely the best. This logo rolled out in 1998, their inaugural season. It stayed until 2000 and never saw any real success,but it was definitely creative and unique.

Worst

qiru2jftx1a378eq8ad0s4ik4.gif

This logo came in after Tampa was renamed the Rays. Its awful. They had one of the most unique and interesting identities in the MLB, and they turn around and come out with this. Unfortunately it doesnt seem this will be going away anytime soon as Tampa made the 2008 World Series with it and nothing about has been announced.

WORST:

h5or8ve6suueamimfur27v2rt.gif

That is a great logo for a minor league team. That logo beautifully uses the Mets' aesthetic; so it was perfect for the period of affilliation with the Mets.

Likewise, the Bisons' period of affilliation with the White Sox was nicely captured in this logo:

6249_buffalo_bisons-primary-1985.png

You should be able to tell at a glance which Major League club is the parent club.

The minor league team which did this best was the Syracuse Chiefs during their time as affilliates of the Blue Jays.

kpiywi0i5l9vfyf7dl1aisehk.gif3w7764i21oybdod08huymvqum.gif

62045-3847725Fr.jpg62045-3847734Fr.jpg

Now that is the way an affilliated club should look! I would call this the best minor league uniform I have ever seen.

I know that the Bisons do a Blue Jays promotion, during which they wear Jays-style uniforms. The wordmark and cap logo from those uniforms should be the team's primaries.

CJmxsqtW8AACg4x.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Seattle Mariners

Best

6509_seattle_mariners-alternate-2015.png

I have always been a fan of Seattle's branding and this alternate rolled out in 2015 is spectacular. It is 2 great eras in one. If you ask me this should be the primary.

Worst

gechaq51zonxg0lexxyyh9b1s.png

Seattle has never really had a bad logo. So i chose this cap logo used until 2000. Their is nothing wrong with this. Just a little boring.

Wait, is this for all MLB logos? Because they do have current/past, main or cap ones?

Every league is included. I just started with the MLB because it seemed simpler. Anyways any logo counts. Caps, Alternate, Shoulder Patch, Jersey etc. I'll probably just start making this an everyday post with a random team and league. Post your best and worst if you want to. I'm not holding you guys back.

So i'm now just going to make it random. Any league, any team, any logo :D

Calgary Flames

Best

231.png

My team. Calgary has always had a pretty classy logo. The Flaming C. This was the best version. Used during the Lanny McDonald years.

Worst

kohc3s8yz5fi74z6ojk1od6ah.png

Flaming horse snot. For me, this kind of disrespects the Flames. From a classy logo to a crappy alternate. Thankfully they got rid of this.

Archived