TheRoyalsFan20

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best

2hh70mg3h40yl41tzfpn3gha2.gif

Worst

Brooklyn_Nets_newlogo.svg_.png

That awful gradient logo is actually the Nets' worst ever.

The Nets' current uniform is bad on account of the lack of the nickname at home, and on account of the thin wispy numbers. But the shield logo is clean and attractive, and it maintains a nice continuity with the previous logo. The only problem with the current primary logo is that the team doesn't use it enough; too often they use the secondary logo where this primary logo should be, such as at centre court.

Anyway, as much as I love the Nets' ABA logo, the best logo in team history is the one that they had the longest, the one which the current logo replaced:

hvkhsaffs9x9zre7gku4vmnte.gif

This logo also had a version with the letters NJ:

806.gif

That logo looks particularly great on a hat! (Sorry no pic of me in my hat to illustrate this.)

And it also was beautiful on the shorts.

56997873-vince-carter-jason-kidd-and-ric

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

[sorry for two consecutive posts. Normally I would have combined them into one. But, due to their length, I though that it would be better to put them up separately.]

WORST:

h5or8ve6suueamimfur27v2rt.gif

That is a great logo for a minor league team. That logo beautifully uses the Mets' aesthetic; so it was perfect for the period of affilliation with the Mets.

Likewise, the Bisons' period of affilliation with the White Sox was nicely captured in this logo:

6249_buffalo_bisons-primary-1985.png

You should be able to tell at a glance which Major League club is the parent club.

The minor league team which did this best was the Syracuse Chiefs during their time as affilliates of the Blue Jays.

kpiywi0i5l9vfyf7dl1aisehk.gif3w7764i21oybdod08huymvqum.gif

62045-3847725Fr.jpg62045-3847734Fr.jpg

Now that is the way an affilliated club should look! I would call this the best minor league uniform I have ever seen.

I know that the Bisons do a Blue Jays promotion, during which they wear Jays-style uniforms. The wordmark and cap logo from those uniforms should be the team's primaries.

CJmxsqtW8AACg4x.jpg

100 Percent disagree, minor league clubs are thier own identities and shouldnt be clones of the parent club.

Especially for the Bisons, they way they look now is honestly perfect, and shouldnt change based on the parent club. Though I do admit to also loving the old greens

That is the entire point: minor league teams are not entities in themselves, and should not try to be. Minor league teams are barely even teams! Their entire function is to train players for the parent organisation. This takes a higher priority even than winning.

I realise that many people are enmoured of the various wacky designs that minor league teams trot out. I am definitely not one of these people. For me, a minor league team should have a design that closely mirrors that of the parent club, and should alter this design when the affilliation changes.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Best

Worst

I like the gradient okay. It's colorful if nothing else. I'd say the current is above it. I'd put the Kidd-era logo last on the franchise's list. Too drab. At least the black-and-white has some excellent NYC-themed elements to spice it up.

My first crack at minor league baseball. This could be difficult

Best

3w7764i21oybdod08huymvqum.gif

Classic. Clean. Simple

Worst

28p9pne9dzhlvy8gkg3sfufr5.gif

Get nightmares looking at this thing.

His name is Theodore Roosevelt, and he is as fit as a bull moose. He thanks you to never again refer to him as "this thing."

Best

Worst

I like the gradient okay. It's colorful if nothing else. I'd say the current is above it. I'd put the Kidd-era logo last on the franchise's list. Too drab. At least the black-and-white has some excellent NYC-themed elements to spice it up.

Best

Classic. Clean. Simple

Worst

His name is Theodore Roosevelt, and he is as fit as a bull moose. He thanks you to never again refer to him as "this thing."

Really? Would have never thought of Theadore Roosevelt. Even then, its still the worst logo.

Best

Worst

Best

Classic. Clean. Simple

Worst

Really? Would have never thought of Theadore Roosevelt. Even then, its still the worst logo.

I think it's him. I don't know 100% for sure that that's who the designers were trying to get their logo to look like, but the resemblance is pretty strong. That abstract "Indian-head-in-silhouette" logo is pretty cool, though, I definitely agree with that.

Best: Not for everyone but I think it was perfectly suited for a hockey team playing in the desert. Represented the area perfectly, was wholly unique and had an attractive colour palette.

BLK8KXD.png

Worst: Not bad by any means but I think it has long since overstayed its welcome.

iMqkP79.png

Best: Not for everyone but I think it was perfectly suited for a hockey team playing in the desert. Represented the area perfectly, was wholly unique and had an attractive colour palette.

BLK8KXD.png

Worst: Not bad by any means but I think it has long since overstayed its welcome.

iMqkP79.png

The color profile of the '90s Coyotes was fine, but the '90s logo itself was too...well, '90s to stay on. I think their current look (similar to the Diamondbacks' look before this new overhaul) is too bland for a desert team, though.

Best; Perfect update of the cup winning logo. Fixed all its problems without removing the elements that made it unique.

6VIPtcs.gif

Worst; Still hate this generic garbage with a passion...

TU4jg7p.png

It's kind of sad if your team is called the Lightning and your "best" logo looks absolutely nothing like lightning. I've seen a lightning strike or two in my life, but never one that is three separate colors with the top of the strike being a hundred times wider than the point of the strike.

Best; Perfect update of the cup winning logo. Fixed all its problems without removing the elements that made it unique.

6VIPtcs.gif

Worst; Still hate this generic garbage with a passion...

TU4jg7p.png

It's kind of sad if your team is called the Lightning and your "best" logo looks absolutely nothing like lightning. I've seen a lightning strike or two in my life, but never one that is three separate colors with the top of the strike being a hundred times wider than the point of the strike.

Because realism is the most important aspect of a logo right? Stylization is bad.

Disclosure; I consider anything that adorns the front of a uniform a primary logo... Therefore;

Best:

NeuMlkB.png

Worst

eUi4LfE.png

I'm going to have to disagree a little with you. The Main logo is the best, but that alternate script is a great wordmark logo! The worst was definitely this...

fw4dvpekpdw7b6st29qqmgg0x.png

As an alternate patch on the old road jersey, it was very difficult to see on ice. The thin gold box made it look like a couple of letters for a shoulder patch...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived