Best and Worst Sports Logos

TheRoyalsFan20

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seahawks were a case where all of the options are pretty good. It's not that the original logo is the "worst" so much as it's just not the best, in my opinion. My ideal Seahawks look would be the pre-2002 set using a recoloured version of the current logo.

For the Eagles...I've just always loved that simplified eagle design. The detailed eagle never sat right with me for some reason.

The Seahawks were a case where all of the options are pretty good. It's not that the original logo is the "worst" so much as it's just not the best, in my opinion. My ideal Seahawks look would be the pre-2002 set using a recoloured version of the current logo.

For the Eagles...I've just always loved that simplified eagle design. The detailed eagle never sat right with me for some reason.

Yeah, I dunno. The simplified one just looks too...well, simple to me. Diff'rent strokes. A lot of it's probably about what they were wearing when you first started watching football. The detailed one was the first NFL logo I was familiar with that wasn't a helmet or on a helmet.

NHL VII

Best

oJ4zroV.gif

Worst

bWzelQU.gif

Sorry for the massive wall of images. Just wanted to be thorough :D

I think the *new* Winnipeg Jets have a very bland look through and through. That script isn't bad; neither is the primary. They just over-emphasize the dark blue at the expense of the medium blue and the red. The uniforms are the most obvious example of this. I don't understand why so many NHL teams feel like they have to wear black or navy blue.

NHL IV

Best

E5a4Q8l.gif

Worst

oYwpKby.gif

Best

2Pnjm2E.gif

Worst

Yy9A5KH.gif

Best

ypzUY9X.gif

Worst

DQPzUmT.gif

Best

UQuu4CL.gif

Worst

AFxUatf.gif

Best

lGMoib4.gif

Worst

2TIEJE4.gif

The lighthouse logo is pretty nifty, I'll admit. The Predators' giant-fanged logo is cool too. I had no idea the New Jersey Devils ever had a Native American-themed logo. It's ugly for sure.

NHL VI

Best

NAx7Rs4.gif

Worst

N3OqRfW.gif

Best

SX1hch6.gif

Worst

5nhhq8H.gif

Best

CZ8A0SE.gif

Worst

ziJvxYb.gif

Best

xCTUrMu.gif

Worst

PuWjx4e.gif

Best

SLRfrDQ.gif

Worst

AtNbat9.gif

Totally agree on the Capitals. I don't think the Canucks have ever had a bad logo except for the ugly giant V (even though the uniforms using it were kind of cool). My favorite for them would probably be the multicolored skate. Disagree on the Lightning---the lightning bolt crossed over the state of Florida is too busy for my tastes. My favorite Blues logo would probably be the mid-1990s one that incorporated a touch of red. The uniforms that went with it weren't that great, but the logo itself was cool.

I like the general Jets 2.0 look. It just fits. Military jets are sleek, agile, and fast. Everything you want in a hockey team. So the RCAF look works for them, in my opinion. My dislike of the script hinges on the maple leaf. The leaf is fine in the primary and secondary. Actual RCAF roundels and pilot wings use maple leaves, so it works. The leaf being thrown into the script is just there because "Canada." I like the idea of the Jets identity being double blue, white, and silver with red only showing up where it has to. It doesn't need to be in the wordmark.

That Native American themed Devils logo is from their days as the Kansas City Scouts. The Devils have only ever had one logo during their time in New Jersey. It's just been recoloured. And I really like it. So I had to go back to their days in KC to find a logo I really didn't like :D

It came down to the current Blues logo or the one with a hint of red :D I opted to go with the current one, because I prefer the current uniforms over any of the Blues' sets that used red. Though I do like the 90s set more than most.

Archived