Battlefrog Fiesta Bowl

SFCOM1

I will be getting back to my NFL uniform concept on Tuesday (Just recovered my passwords to my database)

But here is the concept I made for the field for the Battlefrog Fiesta Bowl. Its real close, but I think the Battlefrog logos on the "25's" is a bit off!

Battlefrog%20FB.png

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I'm curious, but not curious enough to look it up... what the hell is a BattleFrog?

A tamer version of the rebook spartain race

Sorry. I'm over 40. I got as far as "Reebok" and then got lost. BattleFrog's a shoe company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefrog_College_Championship

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm curious, but not curious enough to look it up... what the hell is a BattleFrog?

Well, there were a few video games about them. Something about beating up giant rats and riding on floating carts or something. Some say that the original NES game was the hardest video game ever made. So hard, in fact, that most players couldn't even get past the third level, which involved said floating carts.

2361165-nes_battletoads.jpg

...Oh wait, that's Battletoads.

So to answer your question, if you can call it that, I don't know what a Battlefrog is either. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's an old video game from the '80s made by Rareware. You get to ride around on hoverboards or something. It was really fun, but really hard. The guys at GameStop keep saying there's gonna be a sequel coming soon, but I've yet to see it happen.

Oh wait... Never mind. Those were toads, not frogs.

BattleFrog sounds like a small company, from what I have heard. Kids in my college did some race that was sponsored by it. Small company, doesn't sound big enough to sponsor a big bowl game.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

It's an old video game from the '80s made by Rareware. You get to ride around on hoverboards or something. It was really fun, but really hard. The guys at GameStop keep saying there's gonna be a sequel coming soon, but I've yet to see it happen.

Oh wait... Never mind. Those were toads, not frogs.

Didn't Battletoads come out in 1991 though?

Yea, Battlefrog was a very odd sponsor for the Fiesta Bowl. And the choice (arranged with the assistance of ESPN) was at the last minute. From people I have talked to at the Fiesta Bowl and University of Phoenix Stadium, this was to be a one year agreement. With a more permanent sponsor to be chosen later in 2016.

Why was Tostitos given up on anyway? It was the perfect sponsor. I'd say they could go with Chipotle, but they've obviously gotten a bad rep the past few months.

I believe Frito Lay (Parent company of Tostitos) got out of the "Major" sponsorship business and now is concentrating on brand focus in the marketplace.

A tamer version of the rebook spartain race

Sorry. I'm over 40. I got as far as "Reebok" and then got lost. BattleFrog's a shoe company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefrog_College_Championship

So the Fiesta Bowl was a television production, sponsored by a television production? That makes sense.

nav-logo.png

Archived