coco1997

coco1997's MLB Color Rush UPDATE: Twins in New Red Alternate

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys.

I'd still like some feedback on the Royals.

Here are the updated Padres in yellow. I have to admit, the yellow is a much nicer complement to the Mariners' teal.

padres%20yellow.2-page-001.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

I decided to go back to the drawing board with the Florida teams. Based on a few suggestions I got here, I put the Marlins in fluorescent orange instead of black. For the Rays, I used a gradient that encompasses their entire uniform. I kind of bent the rules of a "solid" color uni, but I figured you guys would give me a pass. ;)

That's awesome!!!

Before I go onto all the problems of gradients on jerseys, I must say one thing........YES!

Back to today's lesson, kids!

I hope the Rays never wear that, but that is awesome. Would make a sweet giveaway though.

I hope the Rays never wear that, but that is awesome. Would make a sweet giveaway though.

I think that to.

If any of these teams where a monochrome (not full white/gray) uniform, I will question everything. However, a giveaway is sweet and I love the concept.

If any of these teams where a monochrome (not full white/gray) uniform, I will question everything. However, a giveaway is sweet and I love the concept.
I agree, and you could also add some throwbacks to that list.

That's awesome!!!

Before I go onto all the problems of gradients on jerseys, I must say one thing........YES!

Back to today's lesson, kids!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Any input on some of the other teams? I'd really like some feedback/suggestions for the Twins, Royals and D-Backs in particular.

The D-Backs in teal would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing this.

As for the Twins, a red uni might look nice. For the Royals maybe add some of the gold thats in their logo, just to change it up.

I wouldn't mind seeing this.

As for the Twins, a red uni might look nice. For the Royals maybe add some of the gold thats in their logo, just to change it up.

There's enough interest in seeing the D-Backs in teal that I'll definitely be trying this out.

I might also try the Tigers in orange, even though I think they turned out pretty good in navy.

I'll wait for the Twins to unveil their new red alternate (at the Twins convention at the end of the month) and use that as the basis of an all-red Twins uni.

DBacks-Rockies.jpg

Here are the D-Backs in turquoise. After several requests to see Arizona in teal, I decided to try it out, but using the lighter, more sea foam green-esque turquoise from their newest unis. I think the turquoise/brick red combination makes for a really pleasing contrast. C&C appreciated!

Well done on the Dbacks turquoise, my friend! :)

Thanks!

Orange Orioles and powder blue Blue Jays are in the works. Any suggestions for either team?

The turquoise looks ridiculous, but not bad ridiculous. It's good for the color rush theme, but really, I would not want to see that as an alternate. I also love the purple Rockies uniform.

I now wanna see the Tigers in Orange.

I now wanna see the Tigers in Orange.

Here are the Tigers in orange:

Tigers%20orange.jpg

While the orange is definitely more colorful, I have to say I prefer the navy look much more.

Here's a tweak of the Angels:

As-Angels.jpg

I was told my original Angels concept was too red, so I whited out the wordmark, numbers and cap logo. Does that help? Or does it need more work?