5 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

Looking at ESPN's front page, the primary story is on the Super Bowl - specifically Cam Newton's struggles. The stories featured at the top are Riley Cooper being released, Delmon Young being a thug again, Johnny Manziel being a thug again, college basketball rankings, the Knicks firing their coach, and LeSean McCoy. You have to scroll down past literally a dozen videos and other stories, plus stories on the side (what an awful website), before you get to any mention of Lynch. He didn't steal attention from anything.

Then Lynch played it perfectly. There'd be some people out there talking about it; but way after all these other breaking headlines.

Considering Lynch was balking at the prospect of retirement for the past two seasons; it doesn't surprise me at all that Lynch is hanging them up.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best time to bury a story is 5pm on a Friday. Why? Because nobody is paying attention to you. With the Super Bowl going on, nobody is paying attention. Sure, some Seattle fans will care. But, otherwise, his announcement will drop like a rock through the headlines. And it apparently did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635000/article/players-with-domestic-violence-convictions-banned-from-combine?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Beginning this year, a prospect invited to the NFL Scouting Combine will not be allowed to participate if a background check shows misdemeanor or felony convictions involving violence or use of a weapon, domestic violence, sexual offense and/or sexual assault, according to a memo obtained by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 minutes ago, See Red said:

So they still invite the prospect and just don't allow him to participate?  That seems rude.

No. They will not be invited by the NFL to Indianapolis, period.

If their agent wishes to bring them there to meet with teams outside of Lucas Oil Stadium and the hotel where they house the prospects is up to them.  

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

No. They will not be invited by the NFL to Indianapolis, period.

If their agent wishes to bring them there to meet with teams outside of Lucas Oil Stadium and the hotel where they house the prospects is up to them.  

I figured as much.  I just found it weird the way the article worded it, basically saying invited prospects will not be allowed to participate instead of saying prospects will not be invited to participate.

IUe6Hvh.png

*insert admiral's condescending/smarmy/subtly critical post mocking the Bears for letting a 30-year-old-running-back-looking-for-a-5-year-insanely-large-deal go here*

*follow up with Raiders joke*

*post subsequent novelty lounge thread; all are merry once more*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

*insert admiral's condescending/smarmy/subtly critical post mocking the Bears for letting a 30-year-old-running-back-looking-for-a-5-year-insanely-large-deal go here*

*follow up with Raiders joke*

*post subsequent novelty lounge thread; all are merry once more*

I like the time or two a year Admiral wanders into the wrestling threads. He's generally out of his element, not having followed the product in about 10 years, and he gets bashed for it. It's like the Three Stooges shorts where the guys team up to beat on Moe!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's sad to see Forte go because he was still so good. And realistically, if the new regime is doing things right, the team should compete for playoff spot in 2016 and be firmly in the playoffs in 2017. Then again, Forte is 30 and has a lot of mileage, so he could fall off a cliff really quickly.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

I like the time or two a year Admiral wanders into the wrestling threads. He's generally out of his element, not having followed the product in about 10 years, and he gets bashed for it. It's like the Three Stooges shorts where the guys team up to beat on Moe!

I like the admiral more than I probably have shown it lately, but I feel like his opinions often make me feel stupid for being a fan of Chicago sports.  That's my problem, I guess. 

30 year old running backs have no leverage.  I don't care how good they are.  They don't merit the kind of money or years they inevitably fight for.

twitter

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I like the admiral more than I probably have shown it lately, but I feel like his opinions often make me feel stupid for being a fan of Chicago sports.  That's my problem, I guess. 

30 year old running backs have no leverage.  I don't care how good they are.  They don't merit the kind of money or years they inevitably fight for.

Yes. The good Admiral is an acquired taste. He annoyed me at first, then his prose got stuck in my head and I kinda missed when he wasn't posting. Kinda like "Cooo-stanza!"

But, like many other acquired tastes, one gets tired of him from time to time. I'm sure he'd tell you he feels the same about himself.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Pretty long, but interesting. Documents about Peyton Manning and the Tennessee trainer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly

For the record, the 74 page isn't court ordered nor is agreed upon statement of facts. It is the statement from her lawyers for the case and isn't supposed to be objective.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived