Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, wences said:

Sad sad news :(

 

 

I didn't read, "Peyton Manning set to announce his battle with cancer tomorrow."  He's been rumored to have been retiring forever.  He's played terribly all season.  He was a tag-along in a dominant defense's title run, of which he is the benefactor.  He will subsequently retire into the miserable life of being an established & powerful multi-millionaire who can take any job he desires at any level, be it media or coaching, and get paid further millions to do so.

 

Respect the man's career - he changed the QB position forever & may go down as the best ever - but let's not exactly weep inconsolably.  He'll shed some tears, but there's no doubt he's got another 20-30 years of spotlight left in him.  He's going to be on your televisions just as much if not more now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, CS85 said:

 

 

I didn't read, "Peyton Manning set to announce his battle with cancer tomorrow."  He's been rumored to have been retiring forever.  He's played terribly all season.  He was a tag-along in a dominant defense's title run, of which he is the benefactor.  He will subsequently retire into the miserable life of being an established & powerful multi-millionaire who can take any job he desires at any level, be it media or coaching, and get paid further millions to do so.

 

Respect the man's career - he changed the QB position forever & may go down as the best ever - but let's not exactly weep inconsolably.  He'll shed some tears, but there's no doubt he's got another 20-30 years of spotlight left in him.  He's going to be on your televisions just as much if not more now.

He always has seemed like a TNF Football analyst guy to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those of you that don't remember, the debates were hot and heavy over who the Colts should have taken at #1....Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf.  The Colts didn't have a firm decision made until a week before the Draft.  This was "Luck vs. RG3" multiplied.

 

Leaf began his career 2-0 with the Chargers while Peyton started 0-4.  Then the Colts played the Chargers in Week 5, with Manning winning the matchup and setting the table for how the rest of both their careers would go.  They each won a total of three games in 1998, their rookie seasons.  And that's about where the comparables end.....

 

Final Scoreboard:

Games played: Manning 293, Leaf 25

Total Wins: Manning 200, Leaf 4

Total TD's: Manning 539, Leaf 14

Super Bowls won: Manning 2, Leaf 0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wences said:

Sad sad news :(

 

Sad news? He's had a noodle arm for the last season and a half and was still able to go out in top!

 

The OLD Peyton will be missed, but not this 40-year old shell of his former self. Happy for him in his future endeavors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

To be fair, I did see these stats on Twitter shortly after the Super Bowl.  So I'll be glad to be Rovell's plagiarism equal!

 

#FindMeOneFactOnThisSiteThatWasntMentionedFromAnySortOfMediaSourceBeforeItWasPostedHere

#WheresMyCreditForTheResearchIDidLookUp

#ShaddupDirtyCurty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree - don't see how this is a terribly sad, sad day. 

 

When Brady or Rodgers retire, it'll be the end of an era for a team.  But the Colts have long since moved on, and the Broncos are losing a rent-a-QB that they've already replaced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hell, the Broncos were moving on from Manning, whether he was retiring this offseason or not.  Oswiler was offered a 3-year, $45 million (or something like that) deal earlier in the week.  $15 million/year QB's aren't sitting on the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

 

 

I didn't read, "Peyton Manning set to announce his battle with cancer tomorrow."  He's been rumored to have been retiring forever.  He's played terribly all season.  He was a tag-along in a dominant defense's title run, of which he is the benefactor.  He will subsequently retire into the miserable life of being an established & powerful multi-millionaire who can take any job he desires at any level, be it media or coaching, and get paid further millions to do so.

 

Respect the man's career - he changed the QB position forever & may go down as the best ever - but let's not exactly weep inconsolably.  He'll shed some tears, but there's no doubt he's got another 20-30 years of spotlight left in him.  He's going to be on your televisions just as much if not more now.

 

How did he change the QB position forever?  He had a special talent to run an offense on the field and 99% of other QBs can't do what he did.  I don't think he changed anything - just did things his way.

 

Also I think people are underrating his leadership and how important that was to the Broncos run.  Yes, he blew on the field, and was pretty much worthless from an athletic standpoint.  But people rally around him, and he can keep people motiviated and focused.  You Can't.  Teach.  That.

 

5 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

 

RE2PECT

 

What the hell does this even mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

How did he change the QB position forever?  He had a special talent to run an offense on the field and 99% of other QBs can't do what he did.  I don't think he changed anything - just did things his way.

 

Also I think people are underrating his leadership and how important that was to the Broncos run.  Yes, he blew on the field, and was pretty much worthless from an athletic standpoint.  But people rally around him, and he can keep people motiviated and focused.  You Can't.  Teach.  That.

 

 

What the hell does this even mean?

 

Honestly I was just trying to be nice and kiss his ass in this moment of hat-tipping.  He was great, legend, HOFer, etc, but didn't really change the position.  Brady, on the other hand....well, that's a different convo for when HE retires.

 

As far as the RE2PECT thing, that was a thing about Derek Jeter's retirement, shoehorning the 2 in for the S, because we were all supposed to kiss the ring of a herpes spreading guy who's great at playing baseball and slinging dick.

 

PEY18N is going to be just as annoying.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait that's actually a (wait for it...) "thing"?

 

Are marketing departments run by 12-year olds, or just make up things that appeal to 12-year old "kewl kidz"?

 

What happens when Seung-Hwan Oh retires?  Do they just go with "26"?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wait that's actually a (wait for it...) "thing"?

 

Are marketing departments run by 12-year olds, or just make up things that appeal to 12-year old "kewl kidz"?

 

What happens when Seung-Hwan Oh retires?  Do they just go with "26"?

 

 

 

No, you're not quite getting it. You need to work the number into the name.

 

Seu26-Hwan Oh

Today we are all Ohs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

To be fair, I did see these stats on Twitter shortly after the Super Bowl.  So I'll be glad to be Rovell's plagiarism equal!

 

#FindMeOneFactOnThisSiteThatWasntMentionedFromAnySortOfMediaSourceBeforeItWasPostedHere

#WheresMyCreditForTheResearchIDidLookUp

#ShaddupDirtyCurty

 

Rovell runs the second-worst twitter handle (to @CujoKnows), so I wouldn't put it past him to rip those numbers off from you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.