Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, CS85 said:

Bears signed Akiem Hicks, late of the Pats, to a 2 year deal.  Pace is cleaning up.

Pace is bolstering the defense and it's hard not to start getting positive in Chicago. Assuming the injury bug doesn't bite the Bears this year and Alshon's hamstring holds up, you have a solid offense with a question mark at running back and a defense that's on the up-swing... please Bears, surprise me this year.

What's the situation at tight end? Last I heard they were shopping Martellus and Zach Miller was visiting the Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BayouJim said:

Pace is bolstering the defense and it's hard not to start getting positive in Chicago. Assuming the injury bug doesn't bite the Bears this year and Alshon's hamstring holds up, you have a solid offense with a question mark at running back and a defense that's on the up-swing... please Bears, surprise me this year.

What's the situation at tight end? Last I heard they were shopping Martellus and Zach Miller was visiting the Rams.


Martellus is contracted for 2016 but one of the following will occur:

  1. Most likely:  He's traded for a 6th or so.  Maybe a 5th at best.  That'd be a coup.
  2. Sort of likely:  He's released.  
  3. Least likely:  He stays on the team for the 2016 season and plays, but not after likely making a stink about his contract/the trade situation.  

Zach Miller will return to the Bears unless the Rams stupidly overpay him.  They just re-upped Rob Housler, who was brought in late in the season, and is sort of a depth receiver option.  They need a blocking TE badly, and Bennett's one of the best.  John Fox isn't a fan, however, after he skipped OTAs to get another contract extension.  Fox benched him for the Thanksgiving game against GB and IR'd him afterward.  

 

I think Pace will probably bring in another scrap-heap TE or two and invest a mid-round draft pick on one as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all likely, but what I'd love: Martellus is released, and signs with the Packers on a 1-year "prove it" deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CS85 said:


Martellus is contracted for 2016 but one of the following will occur:

  1. Most likely:  He's traded for a 6th or so.  Maybe a 5th at best.  That'd be a coup.
  2. Sort of likely:  He's released.  
  3. Least likely:  He stays on the team for the 2016 season and plays, but not after likely making a stink about his contract/the trade situation.  

Zach Miller will return to the Bears unless the Rams stupidly overpay him.  They just re-upped Rob Housler, who was brought in late in the season, and is sort of a depth receiver option.  They need a blocking TE badly, and Bennett's one of the best.  John Fox isn't a fan, however, after he skipped OTAs to get another contract extension.  Fox benched him for the Thanksgiving game against GB and IR'd him afterward.  

 

I think Pace will probably bring in another scrap-heap TE or two and invest a mid-round draft pick on one as well.

I think with the changing of the guard within the Bears organization, it's time to let Martellus go. It's not secret that Trestman couldn't control that locker room and I think it brought out the worse in some the players. I could be wrong but I think Martellus Bennett was used to a situation where he wasn't held accountable and that's changed for the better.

If Martellus does sign with the Packers, I fully expect to see him have a Pro Bowl year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify, I've heard no such rumors. That's just fanboy speculation. I've seen what Martellus can do when he's got his head on straight and he's healthy, and he's certainly an upgrade over Richard Rodgers who, Hail Mary reception aside, is an okay player, but a guy who might as well be nicknamed "Zero YAC" because he's usually a catch the ball on a short route and fall down kinda guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Bears have officially resigned TE Zach Miller to a 2 year contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ravens nab Eric Weddle on a 4 year, $26 million contract with $13 million guaranteed.  I know it's a lot for a player north of 30, but imo it's one of the best moves the Ravens could've made this offseason.

 

Veteran presence? Check.

Durable? Check.

One of the best at his position? Check.

Fills a need? Check.

 

Ozzie's done it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals acquire Chandler Jones from the Patriots for Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd Rounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Wallace to Charm City on a 2 year, $11.5 million deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Mike Wallace to Charm City on a 2 year, $11.5 million deal.

 

Forgive me for not knowing this one... Charm City = Cleveland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

 

Forgive me for not knowing this one... Charm City = Cleveland?

 

Baltimore, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Denver has matched Miami's bid for C.J. Anderson's contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

Forgive me for not knowing this one... Charm City = Cleveland?

 

I had to look it up too.  Don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I had to look it up too.  Don't get it.

Yeah, it's Baltimore's nickname. Apparently it's not as commonly known as I thought it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jared Cook visited the Packers yesterday, apparently. Word just making the rounds today. Living in St. Louis, I've been able to have a great vantage point for his brief glimpses of greatness and muuuuch loooonger periods of unfulfilled potential and disappointment. But with Rodgers throwing to him? Who knows? Ted Thompson's swings in Free Agency are rare. Rarer still are his misses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Long to The Plague on a one year deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Chris Long to The Plague on a one year deal.

Stop using dumbassed nicknames for cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Stop using dumbassed nicknames for cities.

 

 

Yeah, that one doesn't even make any sense. I knew "Charm City = Baltimore" (if only because Charm City Cards was one of the bigger online sports card purveyors in the early 2000s), but "The Plague?" No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Stop using dumb nicknames for cities.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Sorry, sc49erfan replied just as I posted)

6 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

 

 

Yeah, that one doesn't even make any sense. I knew "Charm City = Baltimore" (if only because Charm City Cards was one of the bigger online sports card purveyors in the early 2000s), but "The Plague?" No.

Yeah, it was a little much. It was a joke from the Weekly Picks thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.