I've bought several over the years as a fan. Edwards, Winslow, Anderson and Cribbs. I didn't like the switch to Nike uniforms. And I certainly don't like the new uniforms. Only player really worth getting, since you can wear it long after he's gone, would be Thomas. And an LT shouldn't be your best known player.

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

FWIW, Browns fans do a great job of recycling once a player goes bust.

hillis.jpg

Thats awesome. I have a Peyton Hillis Bucs jersey (he's my uncle by marriage's nephew), and I think I'm gonna have to do that next season :lol: 

I asked for and received a Manziel shirsey for Christmas in 2014. I haven't worn it in months. I also have a Trent Richardson jersey that was on sale for $40 after he was traded. I knew they were going into a redesign, so I snatched it up knowing they'd never have a better jersey than their previous one. 

^I was in a TJ Maxx and they had a framed photo of Browns Trent Richardson on sale for $1.50. I bought it for the matte and frame and tossed the picture. 

A Browns fan I know burnt his Manziel jersey a few weeks ago. Does anyone burn their jerseys more often than Cleveland fans? It can't even be close. 

I don't like moving touchbacks to the 25. Their intention is that gives teams more incentive to take a knee rather than running back the ultra dangerous kickoff returns, but I don't like making it even easier for offenses to move down the field and kick winning field goals. 

11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I don't like moving touchbacks to the 25. Their intention is that gives teams more incentive to take a knee rather than running back the ultra dangerous kickoff returns, but I don't like making it even easier for offenses to move down the field and kick winning field goals. 

Pretty much.  This is just granular progress toward removing kickoff returns from the NFL, which is an inevitability.

The smart thing to do would be to change the nature of punt and kickoffs to where the ball is played from where it hits the ground and all catches are considered fair catches.  Returns only occur if the fair catch is muffed.  

Edit:  More rule changes

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Now witness the power of this fully operational OH GODDAMNIT GREGG WILLIAMS YOU CAN'T DISCUSS THE BOUNTY SYSTEM WITH THE ROOKIES ON CAMERA!!

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

On the flip side, kickers may try to pin it around the 1 yard line so they don't give up 25 yards on a touchback. It's a huge extra 5 yards that they are giving up. So less touchbacks would equal more chances for physical contact. I don't think this rule really keeps the players safer.

23 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

In 2018, the Rams are going to play... in China? Wouldn't that make it the first NFL game to be played in Asia?

So a team that just moved back to Los Angeles is giving up a home game to play in China? Smart move, NFL. This league is getting dumber by the year.

3 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

On the flip side, kickers may try to pin it around the 1 yard line so they don't give up 25 yards on a touchback. It's a huge extra 5 yards that they are giving up. So less touchbacks would equal more chances for physical contact. I don't think this rule really keeps the players safer.

You're right. If they really wanted fewer returns they should've moved the kickoff closer by another 5 yards. The NFL is the worst league at finding problems that don't exist and then creating more problems by "solving" them. 

Here's a picture of this year's NFL rulebook:

wikipedia-print.jpg

I honestly don't know why the NFL rules the roost of the sports world. The game is getting crushed by idiotic rules that do nothing for a player's safety. And don't get me started on the embarrassing catch rule. 

10 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So a team that just moved back to Los Angeles is giving up a home game to play in China? Smart move, NFL. This league is getting dumber by the year.

The Rams are currently sharing a stadium with an NCAA FBS team and there is a decent chance a second NFL team will call that stadium home in 2018.

Do the math.  The Los Angeles Rams are going to go abroad a lot the next few seasons until their Death Star is actually operational.

4 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

You make a good point but still I think it's a bad move. Question for you Rams80, are they playing a home game in London next year?

They "host" the Giants at Twickenham in 2016.

They are also playing in the UK in 2017.

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Pretty much.  This is just granular progress toward removing kickoff returns from the NFL, which is an inevitability.

The smart thing to do would be to change the nature of punt and kickoffs to where the ball is played from where it hits the ground and all catches are considered fair catches.  Returns only occur if the fair catch is muffed.  

Not sure that's going to work.  Currently punters try to balance distance and hang time so that their guys have time to get down the field near the receiver to make a play.  If it's all fair catches, the punters can just let loose and we'll see much longer punts (obvious exception being coffin-corner situations.)

If it's "where the ball hits the ground", then why would there even be a receiver to fair catch it when the only possible alternate outcome would be a muff?

I agree that this is where the game is headed, but I'm just not sure that those are the smartest alternatives.