Ron Brace dead at age 29.

I know the Patriots' high draft picks haven't done much for the past 2000 years, I just remember reading about this guy hoping he'd fit in.  No word yet on cause of death.  Not sure it's football related, he didn't pile on too much mileage.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Sam Bradford informs Eagles he wishes to be traded.
  • Nick Foles of the Rams gaining interest from other teams

Trade Bradford from Eagles to Rams for Foles and let the cycle be complete.  That being said, I see Foles being dealt to the Jets & Bradford to the 49ers.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reports are that Sam Bradford has demanded a trade and will sit out, despite just cashing a $5.5M check and having $20m additional guaranteed if/when he's released after this season.

I wonder what he thought was going to happen when they only offered him a 2 year deal (which was really a 1 year deal) - it should have been clear to him that he wasn't in their long-term plans.  I know management lies all the time to players, but they had been saying that they were going to draft a QB for months now (albeit in later rounds, not #2 overall.)

Dude has made more than $100M in his career, despite playing exactly 7 good games.  If he was mislead then I totally get why he's upset and I'd probably do the same thing.  Hopefully the Eagles can con some team (Denver?  NYJ?) in to taking his contract (or re-working it) and sending back some of the picks that they just lost to move up.

I don't see them trading with SF because pretty much every move they've made, including trading up to #2, has been to stick it to Chip Kelly ("you couldn't get the trade-up to 2 done?  Well I am!")

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

At least until the next appeal.

Endless stupidity.

Nah. It's over. Only chances left are either an en banc appeal in front of the whole 2nd Circuit or SCOTUS. Both are long shots.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

2 hours ago, CS85 said:
  •  
  • Nick Foles of the Rams gaining interest from other teams

How?!  I mean, good for the Rams if they can even get a 7th rounder for the guy after they succeeded in emotionally, spiritually, and physically breaking him 8 games into the season last year, but I can't believe somebody else wants him at this point.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

27 touchdowns vs 2 interceptions in 2013. Someone will take a shot. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, RyanB06 said:

Nah. It's over. Only chances left are either an en banc appeal in front of the whole 2nd Circuit or SCOTUS. Both are long shots.

Ok, I'll take your word for that... my knowledge of how these cases work is minimal.  But, I just have a hard time seeing Brady letting it go.  Giant ego + righteous indignation + money to burn + greedy lawyers + concerns over legacy + being used to winning  = never giving up.

Understood but some dope will think that he is the one that can help him return to the 2013 form. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Understood but some dope will think that he is the one that can help him return to the 2013 form. 

i feel that andy reid is the only one that could, it was him that created a scheme that made him so good. he struggled once reid left, and fell off once he got to the rams

26 minutes ago, dont care said:

i feel that andy reid is the only one that could, it was him that created a scheme that made him so good. he struggled once reid left, and fell off once he got to the rams

Chip Kelly was the coach and it was his offense in which he succeeded for that 3/4 of a season. 

Edit - it's also been said that Andy Reid didn't think he could play, and he was a Howie Roseman pick. That was when Reid was losing power and after they failed to get Russell Wilson (who they both agreed they wanted to move up for) Roseman got fixated on Foles. 

That he was a Roseman rather than a Reid guy more sense considering he was one of the first people let go by Chip Kelly, who basically did to Roseman what Roseman is doing to him. 

Archived