Guys, couldn't he be talking about his playing days before college? I'm pretty sure he's actually from North Dakota, born and raised, and before college, he absolutely would have played in that kind of environment.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

I hate to do this, but Carson Wentz wrote a piece for The Players Tribune and it is as every bit cliché and formulaic as you would expect from a crappy HS "hype video".

It's awful!

The Players' Tribune has jumped the shark. There were some interesting things on there for a while, but now it's just stuff like Jamie Benn saying "I like to drive to the arena where I play hockey" or apparently this jamoke talking about fighting the elements by playing in a dome.

I think it would be a really fun idea to do a parody of The Players' Tribune, where the bit is that we write like famous authors as the ghostwriters for the athletes. Dead, alive, doesn't matter (the ghostwriting authors, at least). Ryan Leaf reassembles his broken life as told to Ernest Hemingway. Larry Walker chronicles the fall of the '94 Expos as told to Cormac McCarthy. Peyton Manning's final Super Bowl as told to Bill Simmons. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

43 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Guys, couldn't he be talking about his playing days before college? I'm pretty sure he's actually from North Dakota, born and raised, and before college, he absolutely would have played in that kind of environment.

Still, that was almost 5 years ago. He's had time to become a wimpy dome QB. :)

Just now, DNAsports said:

Little bit of a wildcard with Bosa going to the Chargers. Would've thought Ramsey or an OT

Me too. I just stoked that the Cowbiys won't take Bosa. 

1 minute ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dallas wanted to get back to 2014 and run the ball a lot and keep Romo safe and healthy. I think it's a home-run, and it's a pick I felt was going to happen since a few days ago.

Exactly. As much as it pains me to pass on Ramsey (who will be a stud), Zeke was the right call. Our offense is going to be unstoppable, like it was in 2014. They'll be able to mask an average defense. 

Just now, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dallas wanted to get back to 2014 and run the ball a lot and keep Romo safe and healthy. I think it's a home-run, and it's a pick I felt was going to happen since a few days ago.

They've got no defensive linemen for the first four games!

If he is not Adrian Peterson for his first three to four seasons, it's a wasted pick.

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Ha! Let's put down Laremy's bong...

Except that opinion is backed by nearly every football analyst. Zeke will be a Pro Bowler behind this offensive line. 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Not a reach at all. He's going to be a Pro Bowler this season. 

Maybe if the first three or four pro bowler RBs choose not to participate in the two-hand touch football exhibition, he'll be a pro bowler.

Archived