• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the interview process went like this:

Haslam: Tell us about your experience.

Jackson: Well, I was head coach of the Raiders, and it didn't work there because the team is run by a buffoon who was only involved in football because he inherited the team from his dad. Then I went to work for the Bengals. I had success calling their plays, but there were several large flaws on the roster because the team is run by a buffoon who was only involved in football because he inherited the team from his dad.

Haslam: Uh huh.

Jackson: So, basically, I'm very experienced in working for otherwise unemployable morons who don't know a thing about football, and coaching for teams that have no chance or real ambition of winning a Super Bowl.

Haslam: Welcome to the Cleveland Browns!

I'm guessing the interview process went like this:

Haslam: Tell us about your experience.

Jackson: Well, I was head coach of the Raiders, and it didn't work there because the team is run by a buffoon who was only involved in football because he inherited the team from his dad. Then I went to work for the Bengals. I had success calling their plays, but there were several large flaws on the roster because the team is run by a buffoon who was only involved in football because he inherited the team from his dad.

Haslam: Uh huh.

Jackson: So, basically, I'm very experienced in working for otherwise unemployable morons who don't know a thing about football, and coaching for teams that have no chance or real ambition of winning a Super Bowl.

Haslam: Welcome to the Cleveland Browns!

Hue Jackson is a good hire by the Browns (for once). He did quite well in Oakland given the situation.

I just wonder how Haslam's going to :censored: this up.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Cleveland, this conversation is taking place in a bar:

Mike: "Hue's the new head coach of the Browns?

Jack: "I dunno. Who?"

Mike: "No... Hue."

Jack: "They hired who?"

Mike: "Hue."

Jack: "Stop :censored:ing with me. The Browns hired a head coach today?"

Mike: "Yes."

Jack: "And they hired... Who?"

Mike: "Yes."

<Jack pummels the :censored: out of Mike>

Rumor has it that the Eagles will name their coach in the next 24-48 hours, which is strange because the general feeling was that they were waiting for the Chiefs to lose so they could name dopey douche hair Doug Pederson coach.

If in fact they do announce in the next day or two, I'm actually hoping it's Pat Schurmer, though it will likely be Bob Mcadoo (sp?). If it's Tom Coughlin I don't know what I'll do. I'll be more conflicted as a fan then I could ever imagine.

Lol, the Niners just lost their top candidate to the freaking Browns. Serves Jed right. I almost half expect them to have to rehire Tomsula.

They're probably going to hire Chip Kelly now. We all can kick back and watch that dumpster fire ignite.

I sort of have a feeling even he knows better than to take that job. He basically demanded control of the roster in Philadelphia, and he's going to get absolutely zero crack at that under the village idiot and Trent Baalke. He'd probably be better off having his pick of a college job, and I think he knows that.

I really believe that he wants to succeed as an NFL coach and the only choice he sees is whether to hold out until he gets another HC opportunity (and if he hasn't been hired by TEN or SF by now then that may not be this year) or if he's willing to be a coordinator and work his way back up.

I don't really see him being successful in either role for more than a year.

Lol, the Niners just lost their top candidate to the freaking Browns. Serves Jed right. I almost half expect them to have to rehire Tomsula.

They're probably going to hire Chip Kelly now. We all can kick back and watch that dumpster fire ignite.

You called it.

Per Adam Schefter the niners have narrowed it down to Chip and Mike Shannahan. Expected to make their decision in 24 hours. Haha.

Rumor has it that the Eagles will name their coach in the next 24-48 hours, which is strange because the general feeling was that they were waiting for the Chiefs to lose so they could name dopey douche hair Doug Pederson coach.

If in fact they do announce in the next day or two, I'm actually hoping it's Pat Schurmer, though it will likely be Bob Mcadoo (sp?). If it's Tom Coughlin I don't know what I'll do. I'll be more conflicted as a fan then I could ever imagine.

No worries about Tom Coughlin anymore. He apparently has withdrawn him name from consideration. Says he's not the right fit.

Archived