Hawaii Shutome (jerseys added)

72freebie

Hey everybody This is a concept for an expansion team in Honolulu Hawaii called the Shutome. A team in Hawaii is definitely crazy but I think that it could maybe happen one day. I think that the ECHL would be one of the few leagues that would take the risk of putting a team there. The nickname of the team is the Shutome. For those of you wondering, a Shutome means swordfish in Hawaiian. I thought it was a nice way to include some Hawaiian culture instead of just calling them "the Swordfish". The team colors are blue, white and pink. I thought that it just really fit the tropical feel of the teams location.

So lets start with the primary logo

shutome%20primary_zpsv6k1pkij.png

and the secondary logos. The shoulder patch is the shield from the Hawaiin coat of arms with the stripes from the Hawaiin flag and an HS in the middle. The other two logos are the wordmark and tertiary logos.

shutome%20secondaries_zpsuopffrw7.png

And finally, here is a full logo sheet

all%20shutome_zpstk6w2ssq.png

Tell me what you think and what I can improve. Jerseys will come eventually.

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Hey everybody This is a concept for an expansion team in Honolulu Hawaii called the Shutome. A team in Hawaii is definitely crazy but I think that it could maybe happen one day. I think that the ECHL would be one of the few leagues that would take the risk of putting a team there. The nickname of the team is the Shutome. For those of you wondering, a Shutome means swordfish in Hawaiian. I thought it was a nice way to include some Hawaiian culture instead of just calling them "the Swordfish". The team colors are blue, white and pink. I thought that it just really fit the tropical feel of the teams location.

So lets start with the primary logo

shutome%20primary_zpsv6k1pkij.png

and the secondary logos. The shoulder patch is the shield from the Hawaiin coat of arms with the stripes from the Hawaiin flag and an HS in the middle. The other two logos are the wordmark and tertiary logos.

shutome%20secondaries_zpsuopffrw7.png

And finally, here is a full logo sheet

all%20shutome_zpstk6w2ssq.png

Tell me what you think and what I can improve. Jerseys will come eventually.

I like the pink. Not many teams use pink as well.

I think using the initials from both the city and nickname to make a secondary logo (or set or secondaries) is very lazy. A secondary (or even tertiary) logo based on an initial should be the city or team name, not both, unless used to avoid confusion with another team (New York Rangers, for example).

Just a big pet peeve of mine.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

While I couldn't see this as a realistic ECHL expansion move (AHL seems more reasonable). I see a great usage of the color scheme and if how the name is pronounced is what I'm thinking, it has a nice ring to it. However I think the logo is a bit too cartoony. Try adding a bit more expression to the face, as well as definition to the body. Also I'm not feeling the secondary logo. It's too much of a eye sour with that many stripes using a typeface that thin and an outline using the same blue. Trying simplifying it down or even taking away the stripes and giving it more of a Hawaiian connection.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The name for swordfish in Hawaiian is actually "a'u ku". "Shutome" is from the Asian immigrants who fished in Hawaii. (Just wanted to mention that as I'm living in Hawaii)

I saw that when I was doing research but I thought that a'ku wasn't too strong of a name for a sports team.

Travel: Wayyyyy too Kong/expensive

OK, you're entitled to your own opinion, but last I seen this is for C&C of sports logos,uniforms,etc.. For financial and business comments, go down the hall, last room on the right.

So here are the jerseys. Unfortunately my file for the logos has been corrupted an d my program will not accept any other kind of file, so I can no longer edit the logos. I may redo them some time but I wold like to focus on other concepts more so this this may be the last post in this thread.

Anyways, I tried to keep the pink limited on the home and away and balance the colors with the logo. I used a lot of slanted lines and I think that this would be a very unique look in the ECHL. The alternate goes pretty wild and uses pink as the main color. It uses the Hawaii flag stripes. I decided to use the primary again on the alternate because the secondary logo on the front probably wouldnt look that good with this striping pattern.

Hawaii_zpsuwvrylnx.png

Archived