College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

well....Tulane appears to have gotten new uniforms, a few screenshots:

Screenshot (164).png

i thought these shots were interesting, they seem tan/cream to me, does anyone know about this?

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (172).png

It's clearly not tan/cream, just the lighting.  The first photo clearly shows a bright white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

well....Tulane appears to have gotten new uniforms, a few screenshots:

Screenshot (164).png

I love the shade of green used on this helmet, but....

Screenshot (163).png

....it doesn't appear to match anything else

Screenshot (176).png

i thought these shots were interesting, they seem tan/cream to me, does anyone know about this?

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (172).png

and what should really be their only set 

Screenshot (168).png

Screenshot (169).png

I dropped these on page 12 so good to see these are the ones they went with.

Sky Blue, White and mud green are the options it seems

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They were posted on Page 3 of this topic. But still nice to look at them again. 

I did a search for Wyoming and nothing showed up in this topic, but after seeing them on page 3, I have realized that Wyoming is not mentioned in the post. Therefore I would suggest that we at least type the team name and nickname to all future posts to make items easier to search for in the future. 

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, rsaline said:

Tulane is too smart to buy into Nike's bull. They do look nice, though!

Well they have before... if they removed the gray for sky blue then i applaud them

13572585-mmmain.jpg

tulane-football-vs-army-f7ba58cc661a7a2b

UPDATE: Looks like they do indeed have the gray set still.

Green jersey has white numbers The Gray set has the mud green numbers.. not the best look 

2016-05-12 12_02_51-Tulane Football (@GreenWaveFB) _ Twitter.png

2016-05-12 12_02_59-Tulane Football (@GreenWaveFB) _ Twitter.png

@dcjames5

20 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Alabama also wins Championships and lose perhaps 2 games a year total. They don't need fancy things to get recruits. But for smaller schools who they know they aren't going for national championships. Kids know the program may lose every game. If they commit there needs to be something fancy and crazy to try and get there attention from an equal type school to land a recruit and that's where the uniforms and all the free stuff comes in. Which other than a select few big schools. Most the crazy stuff come from the smaller schools who need something extra to catch an eye of a recruit.

If they already know they may lose every game, then it doesn't matter which recruits they land.. The could save a lot of money in uniforms and scholarships by just letting average kids come and walk on... The only team it really worked for is Oregon, and you could argue that it didn't REALLY work.. Every other team who tries it is simply beating a dead horse.. Clemson is another great example.. They don't have all the championships Bama has.. They're also a small-ish school comparatively speaking (nearly 20,000 less students than Alabama), and only have 1 helmet and minimal uniforms, and they are an elite team now, due primarily to recruiting (recruiting which was done without dozens of uniform combinations and alternate helmets).. It's a cheap ploy that everyone thinks they need to buy into, but there are so many other factors that students consider.. Spend the money from all those extra uniforms on locker room upgrades or a team lounge or personal gear for the kids.. Spending your money to invest in something that dilutes the brand for sake of impressing a few kids is almost counterintuitive.. 3 jerseys, 3 pants, 1 helmet.. That's all you need.. Make your other stuff nice if you want to get recruits... Or win

10 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Has this Tulane helmet been posted before? I saw it in the uniform release video and it was new to me at least. 

NY84dxk.jpg

Not on here that I've seen. It's a throwback decal with modern striping.....not sure why they would do that.

gYH2mW9.png

I wish they would lay out everything that was shown in the reveal. I believe they also had a gray helmet in the reveal video but could not tell due to lighting.

In one frame, it appeared gray, then in the next the lighting changed and it shifted to a greener color. They just need to use the gray helmet below as well as the sky blue one

screen_shot_2013-04-09_at_3.27.31_pm.0.p

2016-05-13 11_39_42-Jon Gruden watches more film than any coach in football… without a team to coach.png

2016-05-13 11_39_55-Jon Gruden watches more film than any coach in football… without a team to coach.png

@dcjames5

So UVa has release a new 2016 poster that has this image (touting its players from the Virginia Beach "757" area code):

CilYPU0UoAAnJhp.jpg:large

I found it interesting that these jerseys are essentially the previous coaching regime's throwbacks, but they now have the V sabre logo on the collar rather than the old throwback logo.  Do we think this is a photoshop job or an indication of a new full time uniform?

slideshow-louisiana-tech-at-uva-football

On 5/13/2016 at 10:43 AM, djam2410 said:

I wish they would lay out everything that was shown in the reveal. I believe they also had a gray helmet in the reveal video but could not tell due to lighting.

In one frame, it appeared gray, then in the next the lighting changed and it shifted to a greener color.

2016-05-13 11_39_42-Jon Gruden watches more film than any coach in football… without a team to coach.png

2016-05-13 11_39_55-Jon Gruden watches more film than any coach in football… without a team to coach.png

I took it as it being 2 different helmets, but I'm really not certain.

gYH2mW9.png

1 hour ago, tron1013 said:

So UVa has release a new 2016 poster that has this image (touting its players from the Virginia Beach "757" area code):

I found it interesting that these jerseys are essentially the previous coaching regime's throwbacks, but they now have the V sabre logo on the collar rather than the old throwback logo.  Do we think this is a photoshop job or an indication of a new full time uniform?

I would like to think that it's an indication of a change, and if so, it's an upgrade imo.

I hope so, those throwbacks are some of my favorite uniforms in all of football. Along with an orange helmet featuring the V sabre logo, Virginia easily has one of the best looks in college football IMO. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Auburn looks really good in this photo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

34 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Auburn looks really good in this photo.

Yeah, except for the orange helmet, completely different stripes, and V's everywhere.

Seriously?  Didn't we just have this same conversation about Nebraska and Wisconsin.   Here's my list of priorities if I'm designing a college football uniform.  Step one; use my school colors. Step two; look really good.  Step 99;  worry about what other schools look like.

Archived