College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

35 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

Found this from a couple weeks ago, Dakota State vs St Ambrose (IA)

091016-Giles2.jpg

091016-defense.jpg

Love St Ambrose's logo. Dakota St is ok, but it feels like an SJSU rip-off IMO

Pants remind me of the Bengals, but white/blue/white instead of tiger stripes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, radchad said:

Rutgers is planning a"stripeout" (sections alternate wearing red and black) for the upcoming game vs. Michigan.  Promotions have shown either the standard scarlet home uniform or the black "Dark Knight" uniform below.  Seems like there's a good chance that we'll be seeing the black uniform in action for the first time on Saturday.

In general, a red helmet with that same logo would be pretty nice

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

StripeTheBirthplace?

I get that they're referring to the birthplace of college football, but it sounds like a hashtag HGTV made for some new Nursery Makeover show.

#SeafoamForDays

seafoam-stripes.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Huskies staying with the gold/purple/gold combo for tomorrow's showdown with Stanford. Honestly, I could not be more relieved. I was pretty certain they were going to go with black. So far, though, they've worn their best combo for each of their first five games. 

2 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Huskies staying with the gold/purple/gold combo for tomorrow's showdown with Stanford. Honestly, I could not be more relieved. I was pretty certain they were going to go with black. So far, though, they've worn their best combo for each of their first five games. 

Is that real? Not to be all overly PC but a chain around the guys neck? That just seems a bit unsettling.

11 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Is that real? Not to be all overly PC but a chain around the guys neck? That just seems a bit unsettling.

This is how they revealed their combo last week, and for the games against Idaho and Rutgers.. And, "Husky Heritage" is the name they gave to that combo. I think it's safe to say it's for real.

Just now, MCH925 said:

This is how they revealed their combo last week, and for the games against Idaho and Rutgers.. And, "Husky Heritage" is the name they gave to that combo. I think it's safe to say it's for real.

Right, I meant more are they "really" showing the guy with a chain around his neck in this climate. Seems someone may take offense. Otherwise looks pretty tough.

1 hour ago, MCH925 said:

This should be he real Huskies Heritage look...

LSU+v+Washington+P_s9F2NW_0ix.jpg

9 hours ago, radchad said:

Rutgers is planning a"stripeout" (sections alternate wearing red and black) for the upcoming game vs. Michigan.  Promotions have shown either the standard scarlet home uniform or the black "Dark Knight" uniform below.  Seems like there's a good chance that we'll be seeing the black uniform in action for the first time on Saturday.

Probably fitting they are wearing all black since Michigan is going to bury them. 

16 hours ago, nuordr said:

Other looks this weekend: 

UNC.PNG

Holy :censored: unc looks beautiful. This combo, combine with the blue helmet - blue jersey - white pants look, gives them some amazing options. Considering how they looked a couple of years ago after for some inexplicable reason they added black, i really think they went from having one of the worst looks in the country to one of the best.

57cb87413d34c.image.jpg

8 hours ago, MCH925 said:

How they revealed this aside, I too am glad they are going with the most "traditional" look they have for this game. I figured since it was Friday night and ESPN they might go for a blackout as well, but once I saw they were honoring the 25th anniversary of our only National Championship from 1991, I figured they had to go with gold/purple/gold.

PS Yes, I know we credit ourselves with the 1960 Shared National Title too. I was at the game and while it produced some beautiful jerseys which I would love to see again, my feeling is if it takes roughly 47 years for you to put the banner up, you're reaching a bit.

SEAsig.png

6 hours ago, elliott said:

Holy :censored: unc looks beautiful. This combo, combine with the blue helmet - blue jersey - white pants look, gives them some amazing options. Considering how they looked a couple of years ago after for some inexplicable reason they added black, i really think they went from having one of the worst looks in the country to one of the best.

57cb87413d34c.image.jpg

UNC now has a strong and beautiful identity that they should embrace and be proud of for a VERY long time.. My only issue with the football uniforms, however, is that they missed an opportunity with some of the argyle stripes.. I can give the collars a pass, but the pants stripes should match the helmet (and basketball uniforms for that matter).. The helmets feature a contrast panel for the argyle, similar to the basketball uniforms that made the pattern iconic for the institution, but the jerseys and pants omit the panel... I'd even be ok with them omitting the panel on the helmet to gain consistency, but now it's just an A- instead of an A+

Archived