College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Arkansas is busting on the new anthracite uniforms this weekend. Chrome logo and mask on an anthracite shell. 

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=620595.0

W280o76.jpg

This uniform screams recruiting advantage...hot nike proprietary color, monochrome pants and jersey, chrome mask. They are definitely going to steal some alabama recruits.

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Is it correct that 5 of the top 6 teams in the country keep pretty consistent uniforms from week to week (Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, Ohio State)? One set for home and one set for away?

Pretty much. Washington has other options but is sticking with classic looks this year. But this is definitely a good thing.

IxkieML.png

5 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Arkansas is busting on the new anthracite uniforms this weekend. Chrome logo and mask on an anthracite shell. 

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=620595.0

W280o76.jpg

I can't find it, but I could have sworn someone at Arkansas, perhaps the AD, said they weren't going to mess with gray or black anymore...that they would stick to their normal red and white.

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Is it correct that 5 of the top 6 teams in the country keep pretty consistent uniforms from week to week (Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, Ohio State)? One set for home and one set for away?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have all keep the same stuff from week to week. I think that this first weekend we see any deviation on any of these teams's uniforms, OSU's throwbacks and Clemson's purple.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I can't find it, but I could have sworn someone at Arkansas, perhaps the AD, said they weren't going to mess with gray or black anymore...that they would stick to their normal red and white.

I doubt it was Jeff Long. Pretty much all of our other sports but football currently wear or have worn anthracite/black uniforms under Long. 

Bielema talked about going back to traditional uniforms when he first got here and away from the razor bolts that Petrino had designed. He ended up settling on a modern conservative look with the current set though. However, he's always said that he would be open to doing one alternate uniform a year since the players like it. We wore the last version of the anthracite his first year, '64 throwbacks his second year, red chrome helmets in our bowl game last year and now this. 

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Some official looks at the Oregon uniforms for today:

IMG_2490.JPGIMG_2491.JPGIMG_2492.JPG

Essentially the same as what they wore in the Alamo Bowl but without the beveled "O" decals and the nose and neck bumpers are different as well.

seems corny that theyre doing photo shoots for their uniforms every week when theyre 3-5. Should have probably spent that time at practice instead

Archived