College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

13 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Just gotta say those look absolutely amazing. South Carolina has some of the best uniforms in the country right now.

This is the best that I can ever recall SC looking. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

Shine Bright. Rep Nebraska.... But our jerseys only have the number and a conveniently located corporate logo. 

The marketing shlock from adidas is always silly.

Still, I prefer them GREATLY to the other end of the spectrum, where adidas takes a sci-fi movie and puts it into a blender with a roll of scotch guard reflective tape.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On the plus side, new Michigan AD Warde Manuel said he won't steer the direction of Michigan football alternate uniforms like Dave Brandon did, leaving it up to Harbaugh instead. On the down side: "U-M cornerback Jourdan Lewis has said that Harbaugh has mentioned an all-maize look in prior conversations."

At least "Manuel said there will be no alternates this season."

(Source)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

1 hour ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

On the down side: "U-M cornerback Jourdan Lewis has said that Harbaugh has mentioned an all-maize look in prior conversations."

(Source)

Someone create a mock up of this... I don't know how I would feel about that. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

20 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Two things:

- Helmet stripe doesn't match jersey or pant (big deal)

- Logo black with white outline while the numerals are white with black outline (not a huge deal)

I agree with this. I don't like the helmet. I know they've worn garnet lids before but it looks unusual. And the logo gets lost with the dark colors on the garnet background. Think that's why I preferred last year's garnet helmet because 1) it was historically accurate and 2) it contrasted better.

image.jpeg

On 8/22/2016 at 7:32 PM, frosty06306 said:

I'm sorry, the VT uniforms are just not getting enough attention. It might just be the worst uniform that any Power 5 school has used in the past 20 years. Horrid.

They're getting the right amount of attention. If we just ignore them, they'll go away ... right? 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

5 hours ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

On the plus side, new Michigan AD Warde Manuel said he won't steer the direction of Michigan football alternate uniforms like Dave Brandon did, leaving it up to Harbaugh instead. On the down side: "U-M cornerback Jourdan Lewis has said that Harbaugh has mentioned an all-maize look in prior conversations."

At least "Manuel said there will be no alternates this season."

(Source)

Michgan in all-maize and Ohio State in all-red. ???

Or a mixture of ketchup and mustard. It could go either way. 

4 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Someone create a mock up of this... I don't know how I would feel about that. 

I don't have time to make a mockup but the Rams' color rush uniforms from last season (minus the yellow socks and shoes) give a very rough and vague idea of how an all Maize look could work for UM:

image.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Could be be a lot worse. But is that really maize or is it athletic gold/yellow?

The hardest part of this was trying to get the maize looking right. It still looks off to me but I got tired of tweaking it. :lol:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

27 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not a Michigan fan, but reversing the streams . . . Er, colors would possibly cause a catastrophic worldwide event.

agreed, they look like West Virginia, this look might lead to couches being burned in Ann Arbor 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived