buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Utah already hate a stripe on the white helmets. They just split the red middle stripe and are calling it a "Utah Stripe" for some reason

UCLA-Utah-Football-44.jpg

4 hours ago, The AFC South said:

Since Ball State can't have too many helmet combinations, they have introduced a new red helmet, which is the the first since 1970.

B9323515290Z.1_20160825072203_000_GEJFGB

Coincidentally, it's also their worst helmet since 1970. 

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Utah already hate a stripe on the white helmets. They just split the red middle stripe and are calling it a "Utah Stripe" for some reason

UCLA-Utah-Football-44.jpg

It's too bad they changed it IMO because I always liked how this stripe sort of matched the mountain design on the sleeve, with the thin white coming between the red and black portions. 

On 8/22/2016 at 8:29 PM, CLEstones said:

Another UnderArmor uniform deserving of Adidas level hatred. 

(RE: USF Week 1 uniform)

Disagree! Aside from the weird color choice I don't see anything wrong with the Uniform.

In fact, I think USF has some great uniforms the past couple of seasons.

Back to UVa for a tic, more pics here:

http://www.virginiasports.com/view.gal?id=196352

I agree with what's already been stated: helmets would be better with the V & sabres on both sides. The blue helmet with blue top will drive me nuts because the orange V & white sabres on the helmet don't match the white V & orange sabres on the neckline. Minor quibble, but an easily avoidable mismatch. Easily correctable too, hopefully they do.

12056405.jpeg

I, too, am tiring of the logo on one side and numbers on the other.  It just looks so amateurish now.

12056432.jpegUVa went super conservative.  New age folks won't like it but these are super krunk for us classic bunch.

Good job CBM.

10 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

12056432.jpegUVa went super conservative.  New age folks won't like it but these are super krunk for us classic bunch.

Good job CBM.

Too nad the left side still has numbers. 

11 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Good job CBM.

Wow, I thought I would never see the word "krunk" ever again.

14 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Wow, I thought I would never see the word "krunk" ever again.

And it was used unironically too.

I'm with the majority when it comes to Virginia's helmets, they aren't horrible IMO, but yeah, they would look better with both logos instead of the number on the side. I like the jerseys, mainly the orange one, its my favorite of the three.

These would be fantastic if not for a couple things:

1) Logo on both sides. The number on one and logo on the other sucks.

2) Cohesive stripes or no stripes. Just strange choice for the blue to be striped and the others not

I actually love the color swapped logo on the blue helmet. It stands out more, now. The orange swords used to get lost amidst the navy background.

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

These would be fantastic if not for a couple things:

1) Logo on both sides. The number on one and logo on the other sucks.

2) Cohesive stripes or no stripes. Just strange choice for the blue to be striped and the others not

I actually love the color swapped logo on the blue helmet. It stands out more, now. The orange swords used to get lost amidst the navy background.

Remember, though, that the jerseys are not new whatsoever. They are the old set that has been worn for a few years now. The blues are different solely because they were used as throwbacks.

Don't understand the dislike for the color swapping of the logo. Logos and brand guides are built for that thing in mind nowadays. A blue saber with white outline is just the same as a white saber with blue outline, in that case. You don't want it getting lost in the helmet shell, do you?

46 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Remember, though, that the jerseys are not new whatsoever. They are the old set that has been worn for a few years now. The blues are different solely because they were used as throwbacks.

Don't understand the dislike for the color swapping of the logo. Logos and brand guides are built for that thing in mind nowadays. A blue saber with white outline is just the same as a white saber with blue outline, in that case. You don't want it getting lost in the helmet shell, do you?

Might have been simply a collar patch change but the previous blue throwbacks had the wide "V" logo whereas these have the sword logo. So they are either new or updated. Not identical to the previous throwbacks.

image.jpeg