College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Not according to the jersey schedule they posted on Twitter yesterday. Only game they have wearing green is at Georgia Tech. 

It's probably just ordinary black cleats someone wants to wear. I doubt it has anything to do with potential uniforms.

14 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It's probably just ordinary black cleats someone wants to wear. I doubt it has anything to do with potential uniforms.

It'll be a change for the entire team. Black cleats will be in the rotation this year. New uniforms are supposed to be unveiled for the FSU game.

This was last season, but interesting observation on the FSU black set, the helmet in particular. I remember when these were first debuted on the original template (the one prior to Mach Speed with the full collar), the helmet had a garnet to black fade.

Looks like they were changed to a more harsh transition. But notice how it is inconsistent with the spear on the two players. The guy on the right has the transition right at the middle of the spear whereas the other helmet is cockeyed slightly.

This is the best shot I could find.

image.jpeg

On second look, maybe nothing changed, it's just that the design changed when they got rid of the crossed spears. I forgot about those. Wish they kept them.

But maybe the helmets were always faded up front and had a harsh transition in the back along the lines of the spears...its just that we never saw it with the old crossed spears and now we can with the updated decals.

I enjoy this helmet. It's pretty slick if you've got to have an alternate.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those helmets have always had the harsh fade, as you called it. The extended spears just covered it. They didn't wear the black alts the 2014 season, and the 2015 season they went back to the shorter spears, which just revealed the harsh fade when they finally broke them out.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 8/30/2016 at 6:01 PM, upperV03 said:

Exactly. The silver flakes that Tennessee and many other schools have used on their white helmets in the past are simply meant to brighten up the helmet shell, whereas the glitter finish on the Oregon and Rutgers helmets have that same effect but are also intended to catch the light and reflect off of it like so:

image.gif

The sparkly finish on the new Rutgers helmets doesn't seem quite as pronounced as the Oregon helmets but it is definitely more apparent than just the normal silver flakes that many teams have used for awhile.

Yeah, those Oregon Lisa Frank helmets are definitely different than the standard flake

37 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

As an FSU fan I can say our new uniforms are an abomination. Never should have changed them. 

I think they're very good but could be great with a few tweaks. The changes to the white jersey to get rid of the gold numbers and back to garnet solved my biggest complaint (proper gold helmet shade, too, though how they accepted the original color boggles my mind).

What I'd also like to see are the home numbers changed back to white, just like they'd been forever. The color balance just looks off to me now. And I'd probably tone down the pattern a touch, too. Either do the collar or the sleeves, but both might be overkill right now. And for that, I'd probably pick the sleeves seeing as how they've got a crummy half collar. The original collars were great.

On the whole, I rate it as one of Nike's better overhauls.

It's pretty hard to see here (these are screenshots from a periscope video by the Oregon athletic department) but there appears to be a grey jersey with yellow numbers being lifted by the guy in the green shirt in the first picture and sitting on the table in the second picture:

image.png

image.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I think they're very good but could be great with a few tweaks. The changes to the white jersey to get rid of the gold numbers and back to garnet solved my biggest complaint (proper gold helmet shade, too, though how they accepted the original color boggles my mind).

What I'd also like to see are the home numbers changed back to white, just like they'd been forever. The color balance just looks off to me now. And I'd probably tone down the pattern a touch, too. Either do the collar or the sleeves, but both might be overkill right now. And for that, I'd probably pick the sleeves seeing as how they've got a crummy half collar. The original collars were great.

On the whole, I rate it as one of Nike's better overhauls.

Make the numbers white with gold outline on the home and go back to the old collar design and you have a winner. (Or just go back to the old design altogether!) I hate the gold numbers it makes me think it's Boston College sometimes.

They fixed all of the other problems they had (gold numbers on white, mustard helmet, purple looking facemaske, crossed spears)

Ugh, all signs are pointing to IU wearing these abominations, or at least the helmet, tonight at FIU. This is by far the worst look that IU has. The chrome on white is awful. I love the "Indiana" script on the helmet but when you can't even see it what's the point? Chrome on the crimson helmet would be better but getting rid of the chrome decals and numbers altogether is the best option.

Actually, getting rid of Adidas altogether is the best option now that I think of it.

EP-311289848.jpg&updated=201511281709&Ma

25 minutes ago, LetsGoPeay said:

Ugh, all signs are pointing the IU wearing these abominations, or at least the helmet, tonight at FIU. This is by far the worst look that IU has. The chrome on white is awful. I love the "Indiana" script on the helmet but when you can't even see it what's the point? Chrome on the crimson helmet would be better but getting rid of the chrome decals and numbers altogether is the best option.

Actually, getting rid of Adidas altogether is the best option now that I think of it.

Agreement about adidas from another Red & White guy.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, LetsGoPeay said:

Ugh, all signs are pointing to IU wearing these abominations, or at least the helmet, tonight at FIU. This is by far the worst look that IU has. The chrome on white is awful. I love the "Indiana" script on the helmet but when you can't even see it what's the point? Chrome on the crimson helmet would be better but getting rid of the chrome decals and numbers altogether is the best option.

Terrible. If not for the red numbers, it looks like a completely generic, all-white uniform. I always question how someone could like at something like that and think it's a good idea. 

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It's pretty hard to see here (these are screenshots from a periscope video by the Oregon athletic department) but there appears to be a grey jersey with yellow numbers being lifted by the guy in the green shirt in the first picture and sitting on the table in the second picture:

image.png

image.png

The jersey looks very similar to the jersey they wore for the 2014 Spring Game.  But like you said, it's hard to tell if its the same one or a brand new jersey for the upcoming season.

14852958-standard.jpg

2 hours ago, LetsGoPeay said:

I only looked at the picture, but at first I thought that was Maryland's "white ops" or "ice" uniforms (especially now that Maryland is playing BigTen teams). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

The jersey looks very similar to the jersey they wore for the 2014 Spring Game.

14852958-standard.jpg

Yeah I thought that as well. At first I thought it was the 2014 Spring Game jersey but when the guy in the video picked up the jersey the number font appeared to be the new one and the shoulder design looked to be completely black instead of yellow and black. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived