College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

If it indeed a new gray jersey, I'm really not looking forward to it because I think they've used gray elements way too much, especially the gray pants.

I tend to agree, although I think the grey elements are tolerable if they pair them with a significant amount of either green or yellow. It's when they wear the drab combos with mainly grey and black or grey and white that really irritates me.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another odd development on the Oregon front as they wore solid matte black helmets in their walk through practice today:

image.jpeg

I think this likely means they'll be wearing them this week, probably with the new yellow jerseys being spotted in stores because Oregon is calling for fans to wear yellow this week.

13 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think this likely means they'll be wearing them this week, probably with the new yellow jerseys being spotted in stores because Oregon is calling for fans to wear yellow this week.

Yeah I think you're most likely right about that. I wouldn't be surprised to see black/yellow/black since they haven't worn that combo since 2011.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

South Carolina in garnet helmets/black jerseys/white pants.  I think it looks great. (edit, whoops, didn't see tron's post above)

Vandy in all white.  

Tulane's angry wave helmets are pretty cool in action.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm surprised by how clearly I can see South Carolina's decals on those garnet helmets. Thought for sure they'd only be visible if it was inside the old white circle decal. Or at the very least if they made the white outline thicker. Good look for them overall.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

South Carolina's uniform combo looked really nice. Am I in the minority who thinks they should go red helmets full time?

It pretty much is. Muschamp likes them a lot. They have white, garnet, and black.

The seniors will pick in the future.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Vanderbilt really needs to return to the black shells with the gold logo. The pajama sleeves are of Russell-level amateurism. 

South Carolina had a decent look. I think I'm biased because it's kind of reminiscent of the Falcons 1960s uniforms. 

I'm a fan of App State doing a classic sleeve stripe and big logo on a sleeve. Their uniforms are much better than they've been in the past. 

i thought the gamecocks looked great, like the usually do.

i had no issues with the 3-elements 3-colors gripe so many people seem to have here. the helmet didn't match the jersey didn't match the pants. still looked great. even with the elements not being in "darkest to lightest" order.

god, i'm happy college football is back.

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm a fan of App State doing a classic sleeve stripe and big logo on a sleeve. Their uniforms are much better than they've been in the past. 

Agreed. App State looked great out there. 

I didn't care however, for SCar's look. It looked like a poor man's Georgia blackout uniform and was simply not as sharp as their usual combo. 

Midway.png

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I liked the idea, but it just seemed uneven

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Archived