College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Looks Oregon is going to be breaking out some new gray jerseys if this photo is to be believed

4783596.png

That's too bad, I can't really find any redeeming qualities to these. The number font socks, the fact that there are shoulder numbers means there is no unique print or pattern on the shoulders, the jerseys appear to have almost a heathered look to it, and they're grey. None of those things are good. Plus, they'll likely wear black helmets and either black or grey pants which will create a very drab look.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's too bad, I can't really find any redeeming qualities to these. The number font socks, the fact that there are shoulder numbers means there is no unique print or pattern on the shoulders, the jerseys appear to have almost a heathered look to it, and they're grey. None of those things are good. Plus, they'll likely wear black helmets and either black or grey pants which will create a very drab look.

I'm not sure where Oregon is going with their uniforms anymore.  They appear to be picking some bad elements for whatever reasons and seem to be wanting all their jerseys to be different, not a cohesive match when taken as a whole.  I think a big factor is Nike foisting so many new uniform templates on Oregon that they never really have time to fully adapt their entire uniform lineup to the same design/template, which creates a hodgepodge look that you see at many lower-division schools.

19 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'm not sure where Oregon is going with their uniforms anymore.  They appear to be picking some bad elements for whatever reasons and seem to be wanting all their jerseys to be different, not a cohesive match when taken as a whole.  I think a big factor is Nike foisting so many new uniform templates on Oregon that they never really have time to fully adapt their entire uniform lineup to the same design/template, which creates a hodgepodge look that you see at many lower-division schools.

I agree completely. The closest comparison I can make is Bishop Gorman high school, who consistently wears an incredible amount of uniforms with a large variety of different colors, fonts, templates and designs and ultimately creates a mess of an identity with almost zero cohesion. Obviously that is a pretty poor comparison to make between a premier high school program and Nike's poster child on the university level, but the lack of cohesion in their uniforms is starting to be ridiculous and down right disappointing. I do think part of it is Nike continuing to push the envelope with Oregon from a design and template perspective, but part of the blame is definitely on Oregon for starting to branch out with their uniform designs a little bit more the past 2-3 seasons.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Three different number fonts for Oregon in one picture. Yikes. 

To be fair those two uniforms on display in the back are past uniforms that are no longer in their current rotation, with the one on the right being their throwback uniform from two seasons ago. But still, even with that, the font of this new grey jersey is still different from all of the other jerseys we have seen that will presumably be in rotation this year so there is still a lack of cohesion there.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, Harmening said:

That caption written under the picture of Oregons jerseys.  What the heck does it mean?

It's a former player that was known to post behind the scenes photos and videos during his time as a player and eventually he was made to stop but now that he's not a player anymore but still has access to the facilities and the team he's trying to start up again. He eventually deleted the picture of the grey jerseys so chances are he's not gonna get very far this time either.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Harmening said:

That caption written under the picture of Oregons jerseys.  What the heck does it mean?

It means a striking condemnation of any English department that may exist at Oregon. 

Full Oregon uniform for today:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegIt looks okay as a one time uniform, but still underwhelming. For those who don't know, they've had grey workout shirts the past few seasons with a blue collar on them, so these uniforms are playing on that same theme. The collar logo reads "Citius Altius Fortius", which is "Faster Higher Stronger", and it's the logo they've used for their strength and conditioning. In addition, the uniform is being called "The Rad", which is a tribute to their longtime strength and conditioning coach Jim Radcliffe.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These are sad. I felt like Oregon jumped the shark last season with the multiple templates and helmet decals. Now it looks like they've been devoured and thrown up by the shark. This is clearly not the Oregon I became a fan of back in 2009. I'm starting to wonder if the uniqueness and innovation of their uniforms left with Mariotta after the 2014 season. Hopefully the rest of season isn't this bad.

Archived