College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU - Mizzou from Saturday.  Mizzou going with no gold whatsoever.  Also, their number font looks very similar to WVU's previous set

4785476.jpg

I have to say this is one of my least favorite match ups of the weekend. Mizzou should have had gold, and we(WVU) should have had more blue.That white helmet is fine as this throwback. Stick the 125 logo on the blue helmet and add blue pants, and this set is so much better.

IxkieML.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU - Mizzou from Saturday.  Mizzou going with no gold whatsoever.  Also, their number font looks very similar to WVU's previous set

4785476.jpg

I actually like both looks for both schools, maybe not against each other.

I'd like to see more schools do the black/white combo. As far as I know no school is JUST black and white. Really good look for Mizzou. 

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

With college ball back in session and Ole Miss on my television, here's your reminder that they should permanently switch to the powder blue lids. Navy just pales in comparison.

The powder blue lids do nothing but add to how dysfunctional Ole Miss' uniforms already are. They need to bring these back and be done with it:

8apG4kH.jpg

x3Kl6TH.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Or Michigan didn't use a helmet that looks like Princeton's? That helmet is as much a part of Delaware football as it is for Michigan. I don't see a reason they should dump it.

I don't care if Princeton uses it; they worn it first. Michigan and Delaware not only use the same winged helmet, but also have near-identical colors making them almost twins. I just want Delaware to try something different so they don't look like Michigan 2.0.

On September 4, 2016 at 9:48 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Loved these jerseys on UCLA.

I'd forgotten how great those UCLA away uniforms looked with the "true blue" highlights.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't care if Princeton uses it; they worn it first. Michigan and Delaware not only use the same winged helmet, but also have near-identical colors making them almost twins. I just want Delaware to try something different so they don't look like Michigan 2.0.

I might agree if they played each other but change for the sake of change is usually a bad thing in college football. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After all the Nike templates Houston has worn it's nice to see them just stop all the crazy silliness and go with a basic old school look. I was at the game and the red really pops now. Only gripe is that the chrome logos seem out of place just like Texas auburns and other traditional university's do because it seems too much new school with old. I would also like a stripe down the middle possibly. But above all the uniform is a plus!

11 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

You asking a ridiculous rhetorical question like that showed me you don't know what you are talking about.

It's a cultural and historical difference, my judgement is within that context. Also I don't have the schools mixed up. 

All of this is subjective

Ok so you think the cheap templates jersey with random stripes looks nearly perfect, but the school with close to the most traditional football uniform you could get minus the number font should be a lacrosse jersey. No you are the one who has no idea what you are talking about, and while design to a degree is subjective and everyone has their own personal tastes, you sir have very poor taste in football uniforms.

14 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Madden invisible player cheat code

Hard hit

Or funeral?

Norfolk State vs Elizabeth City

14231842_580789127924_4508763509079560707_o.jpg

Manti T'eo's younger brother in his collegiate debut.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

19 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

4785476.jpg

Good god that number font for WVU looks awful

10 hours ago, Davidellias said:

I don't know whats worse, the shiny Greensboro logo on a white helmet or Guilford's white facesmask with a grey helmet.

14195983_10154443108368142_9620611854687

Definitely the white helmet with the shiny logo. What the hell were they thinking?

spacer.png

16 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

I have to say this is one of my least favorite match ups of the weekend. Mizzou should have had gold, and we(WVU) should have had more blue.That white helmet is fine as this throwback. Stick the 125 logo on the blue helmet and add blue pants, and this set is so much better.

If they have to wear something other than blue over blue over gold, then I really like this white over gold over white. It feels far more balanced than wearing blue over gold over blue (which seems more balanced like an alternate away uniform moreso than a home uniform; the lightest element is the jersey) or one of the other many combinations used since the new uniforms came out.

I'm a traditionalist in many ways when it comes to my own personal taste in sports uniforms. But that doesn't mean I want all throwbacks all the time. I'd much prefer to have game to game uniform consistency throughout a single season, even if the uniform is modern. And I think that kind of consistency is most lacking in modern college football among all other sports, what with most schools now carrying three or four options for each of the three main elements of the uniform. Since 1980, WVU has been blue over blue over gold at home up until the last few years (with some very rare white pants-exceptions, like 2001 vs. VaTech). When looking at just that combination, the uniform really hasn't changed a lot since the Nehlen-era started. I think the newest WVU uniforms get a lot of flack and some of it is deserved. (The numbers could be fixed to look a little more like numbers, though I like Nike's explanation for them and they're far easier to read from the stands than the previous two iterations.) But it's not awful, especially when the team wears a well-balanced combination. I know that for the time being, it's not realistic to expect consistent uniforms across college football. But it'd be nice to have that game-to-game consistency. It would help make the transition between different uniform eras more palatable or seem more logical:

wvuuniforms.png

Black and Navy together on that WVU jersey is barfy.

I'll take the picture on the far left (#14) instead, and if you want to spice it up a bit, use the shoulder pattern from the third photo (#1) with the little yellow shoulder stripes.  I absolutely hate the new Nike numbers (also looking at you, Minnesota).  They look like something you grab off dafont.com when you're trying to spiff up your eighth grade science paper on rockets.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I can't get a picture of this (because someone doesn't like it when you try to download their photos for free), but it appears that Brown will be going with horrible all black uniforms #BFBS. Complete with black helmets :mad:

When I get some pictures I'll post. Needless to say, its a MAJOR downgrade from their previous uniforms.

How can you be called Brown University and yet have all black uniforms?

Archived