buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

I love Michigan's satin helmets. The blue on the helmets and jerseys matches so well now and it looks amazing. I'm definitely a proponent of the satin finish, it looks really good on most helmets. 

Some Central Michigan players are wearing matte helmets, others are wearing satin helmets.  Don't think I've seen that before.

Purdue has roundels of all 5 branches of the military on the back of their helmets. They take up the whole bottom third of the helmet.

Tulsa with gold helmets and pants at Ohio State today as well.

Kentucky Wildcats in all-white. 

image.jpeg

WKU Hilltoppers wearing white helmets for first time in 4 years. 

image.jpeg

Cant fin'd a picture but App State is wearing their white helmets vs. Old Dominion.

They are using this white version of their logo for the helmet instead of the black version. Can barely see the logo against the white shell

Appy+State+primary+2014.png

AppState.png

The white on white looks stupid: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On September 8, 2016 at 1:04 PM, goDEVILS said:

From http://www.azfamily.com/story/33050265/uniformity-week-2-new-decals-and-a-slick-combo-for-the-sun-devils :

11758485_G.jpg

ASU going W/B/W against Texas Tech on Saturday. First time with black oversized pitchfork on white helmet. Yes, there are numerals on the other side of the helmet.

This is surprisingly one of my favorite "non-traditional" color combos. Wore it last against Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl back in 2012.

Image result for asu kraft fight hunger bowl

I wish they would've gone copper for this game rather than black and white.

Also, they should've used the maroon helmets and pants with this set rather than white, too. As it stands, the maroon outline looks out of place on the jersey. They should just ditch that when they go black rather than just shoehorning it into the design. Swapping maroon for black when they have a "blackout" week would be just fine with me. 

Huskies are in gold helmets, purple jerseys, and gold pants against Idaho today.

2 hours ago, JPDesign said:

Tulsa's satin gold helmet looks really nice.

CsA3X6JW8AAuG-Y.jpg

So tire tread on the pants is a thing now?...or is that just some Tulsa design element?

Watching Richmond vs Norfolk State (FCS matchup)

Richmond is in white helmets, red jerseys & navy blue pants. Norfolk is in dark green helmets, white jerseys and white pants.

30 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Wth happened to UK's helmet logo?! It used to big huge now it's smaller that UH

It would look better if it was 10-20% bigger.  Other than that, the helmets are pretty good.

How long has Miss St been wearing grey pants? I dig them with similar maroon jerseys in that conference.

20 minutes ago, 29texan said:

Frogs going all black with purple chrome helmets today. 

Note the upgrade to the Mach Speed template to match the rest of their set and (thankfully) no frogskin except for the helmet.