buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

Looks like Ohio is in a new Russell Athletic pattern, still kept the UCLA stripes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bri1275 said:

Just noticed that Kansas' white helmets now fade to chrome. Kind of interesting. 

 

image.jpeg

Wow they did manage to make their helmets worse again....btw what was up with Ohio's pants "stripe". How long have they had that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Florange vs. UK all-whites

 

CsBdPBJUMAACT88.jpg

 

Pretty well balanced, imo.

Strangely, the UK player is missing his collar logo, but it looks like it was always missing. Here's a locker room shot of his jersey compared to what it's supposed to look like.

 

PS- Oregon's two different puddles logos are stupid. From more than 10 feet away, you'd never know. They are too obviously similar to justify using both. Just looks goofy.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

PS- Oregon's two different puddles logos are stupid. From more than 10 feet away, you'd never know. They are too obviously similar to justify using both. Just looks goofy.

It's supposed to be somewhat of a Jekyll and Hyde kind of thing, but I agree, they should stick to using one or the other on the helmets, not both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with Florida's number font? It looks like the generic block that almost half the MLB uses.

 

EDIT: They apparently have used it for a while; it's still weird though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

What's up with Florida's number font? It looks like the generic block that almost half the MLB uses.

 

EDIT: They apparently have used it for a while; it's still weird though.

 

They've used it for a few years now and its a non-italicized version of the font that the basketball team had been using for a few years before that. It's like a regular athletic font but the insides of the numbers are cut out in hexagons instead of squares. Personally, I think that the lack of italicization makes it look like trash (that 8 is an especially putrid piece).

 

Gator-Basketball-2013-01.jpg

14-03-26_Gators Spring Practice_182-L.jpg

 

They have also been experimenting more with combos since McElwain took over, which I do like. If they fixed the font, made the stripe on the orange jersey the same as on the orange helmet, and gave the white helmet a normal matching stripe with the F on both sides, then they'd look good any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

BYU-Utah early candidate for best looking game of the year?

 

Nah  Not even the best looking game of the day, IMO.  Wyoming-Nebraska, NC State-ECU were better, I think.  BYU's throwback is great.  If Utah had added more white accents (like they used to do), then I'd agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

 

Nah  Not even the best looking game of the day, IMO.  Wyoming-Nebraska, NC State-ECU were better, I think.  BYU's throwback is great.  If Utah had added more white accents (like they used to do), then I'd agree.

If Wyoming had regular block numbers, that's all the need for a great set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kansas should have never ditched their look from the 2007 season.
  • Florida really needs to go back to their previous number font. Their current numbers look really cheap.
  • Virginia Tech really should have worn their school colors last night.
  • Speaking of which. The Bristol Motor Speedway looked good watching the game on TV. However I am convinced most of the fans in attendance didn't have a good view of the field. Venues can actually be too big for an event. I personally feel football stadiums shouldn't exceed 80K seat capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue wasn't really the capacity. It was the distance of the field from the seats. Granted the capacity is a product or that space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:
  • Kansas should have never ditched their look from the 2007 season.
  • Florida really needs to go back to their previous number font. Their current numbers look really cheap.
  • Virginia Tech really should have worn their school colors last night.
  • Speaking of which. The Bristol Motor Speedway looked good watching the game on TV. However I am convinced most of the fans in attendance didn't have a good view of the field. Venues can actually be too big for an event. I personally feel football stadiums shouldn't exceed 80K seat capacity.

 

I'm sure 80% watched the game on the Colossus jumbotrons.  They were just happy to be part of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

I'm sure 80% watched the game on the Colossus jumbotrons.  They were just happy to be part of the event.

 

I had several friends in attendance at Bristol and one specifically said that if the jumbotron goes out, he won't know what is happening. They also ran out of beer in his section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cosmic said:

They're also sporting horrible grammar today. Hopefully, that's a one-off.

 

That along with the the "Akransas" Razorback jersey... That whole day was off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:
  • Kansas should have never ditched their look from the 2007 season.
  • Florida really needs to go back to their previous number font. Their current numbers look really cheap.
  • Virginia Tech really should have worn their school colors last night.
  • Speaking of which. The Bristol Motor Speedway looked good watching the game on TV. However I am convinced most of the fans in attendance didn't have a good view of the field. Venues can actually be too big for an event. I personally feel football stadiums shouldn't exceed 80K seat capacity.

 

I was there and the views in person were much better than photos made them appear. It wasn't as ideal as Neyland Stadium, but it wasn't terrible. Great experience and to have been a part of history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

 

Very cool but we wore white tops yesterday with the above mentioned incorrect spelling on a few. 

Thanks.  Arkansas was the one of the last ones I did and it was done in a bit of a rush. It's been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It's supposed to be somewhat of a Jekyll and Hyde kind of thing, but I agree, they should stick to using one or the other on the helmets, not both.

I don't understand what the big deal is. They're both good looking logos and most don't notice that they're different so I don't really understand how they take away from the uniform. This is literally nit-picking for nit-picking sake lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.