College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

25 minutes ago, CityOfWalrus said:

I don't understand what the big deal is. They're both good looking logos and most don't notice that they're different so I don't really understand how they take away from the uniform. This is literally nit-picking for nit-picking sake lol 

It really isn't that big of a deal and I don't think it does take away from the uniform as a whole, it's just that I would prefer they stick to using one or the other on the helmets, rather than using both of them on the same helmet. I agree that they're both good looking logos, but as an Oregon fan I prefer when they match the helmet logos, whether it's the combat duck logo or the regular duck logo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2016 at 4:58 PM, mjd77 said:

So tire tread on the pants is a thing now?...or is that just some Tulsa design element?

It's been prevalent on all of the Shockweb 2.0 templates, it's just very difficult to see on certain colors, like white. The gold really shows it off well (or bad, depending on view point)

Also, someone asked about Ohio - yes, they have updated to the new Russell template.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 9/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, pscf3 said:

Mississippi State in Maroon/Maroon/Gray vs South Carolina in Garnet/White/Garnet

http://www.hailstateunis.com/2016-football-season/bulldogs-bounce-back-in-win-over-south-carolina

week-2-south-carolina_1_orig.png

That MSU-SC game looks like a scrimmage.  Freaking SEC with their samey-same color teams.  

Lookin' at you, Alabama, Arkansas Akransas, TAMU, MSU and SC.  Toss Georgia in there if your eyes are bad.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

That MSU-SC game looks like a scrimmage.  Freaking SEC with their samey-same color teams.  

Lookin' at you, Alabama, Arkansas Akransas, TAMU, MSU and SC.  Toss Georgia in there if your eyes are bad.

While I like the SC garnet helmet in a vacuum, my first thought was, "ah crap, not another variant of dark red helmet in the SEC"

On 9/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, pscf3 said:

Mississippi State in Maroon/Maroon/Gray vs South Carolina in Garnet/White/Garnet

http://www.hailstateunis.com/2016-football-season/bulldogs-bounce-back-in-win-over-south-carolina

week-2-south-carolina_1_orig.png

I thought this was a top 3 look of the week. I love Miss. State's updated classic look with the gray pants and that garnett helmet for USC is beautiful! 

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I thought this was a top 3 look of the week. I love Miss. State's updated classic look with the gray pants and that garnett helmet for USC is beautiful! 

I like Mississippi State with the white pants better (as it better matches the 90s uniforms that the jerseys are trying to achieve).  I think the garnet USC helmet is one of the best new helmets of the year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oregon is wearing their black helmets in practice today so that leads me to believe that they're likely getting the white lids ready to be worn this weekend at Nebraska. Just speculation at this point but if it's true, I'm hoping to see a white/white/green combo to contrast with the red and white of the Huskers.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They should use green lids at Nebraska. It seems weird to me that they always wear white helmets playing teams in the Big Ten with light colored lids. 

Yeah I agree. I'd much rather see the green lids but since they're not wearing the white helmets in practice today (and have worn them in practically all of their other practices thus far) it seems very likely that those are being prepped and will be the helmets of choice for this weekend. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

"Throwbacks" on tap for LSU this weekend:

image.jpeg

They're utilizing the Vapor Untouchable template for this uniform and are therefore the second program after Oregon to use it. Ohio State will use it later this year when they wear their Chic Harley era throwbacks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

image.jpeg

They're utilizing the Vapor Untouchable template for this uniform and are therefore the second program after Oregon to use it. Ohio State will use it later this year when they wear their Chic Harley era throwbacks.

As a Tulane football fan, I begrudgingly like this uniform a lot. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The pants are also stripeless, which I don't like. They should've just used the pants from this combo from last year. 

image.jpeg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

image.jpeg

IF they move over to this next year I could see the sleeve stripes working do much better than they do now on the Elite 51's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Man I LOVE these "Gridiron Gold" unis for LSU. The only thing I would like to see would be a switch from metallic stripes and numerals on the helmets to a more traditional finish.

Sadly, the replica jerseys aren't nearly as cool:

6INwwAw.jpg

I'd like them to do what they did with the Browns and line the sleeve stripes up as they are on the players jerseys. As they are now, I'd think of tailoring the sleeves since I don't like my sleeves that long. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived