College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some insight on the Arizona Uniforms as I play and go to High School with Rich Rods son, he said that they'll be commemorating the USS Arizona this week when they play Hawaii by wearing a Gray Jersey, with USS Arizona On the front and Im assuming white numbers in the same font thats on the ship. The jersey will be paired with a navy helmet and  pants. (This could not be true but Its from a highly reliable source so I'm guessing it is true.)

a2BRS8U.png

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah I agree. I'd much rather see the green lids but since they're not wearing the white helmets in practice today (and have worn them in practically all of their other practices thus far) it seems very likely that those are being prepped and will be the helmets of choice for this weekend. 

Besides reintroducing a matte black helmet and seeing them wear the sparkled ones a lot in practice, there really hasn't been any sign of other helmets.  I know in the video of last year's fall camp, we saw them wear almost every helmet they wore, besides maybe the kelly green ones.  The lack of helmet choices so far is making me wonder whether the loss of the Vicis helmets is affecting what they can wear.  I think the best indication at what helmets they have on hand will be for the Colorado game at home in a couple weeks, where they're asking the crowd to wear green and they'll likely trying matching on-field somewhat.

17 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Besides reintroducing a matte black helmet and seeing them wear the sparkled ones a lot in practice, there really hasn't been any sign of other helmets.  I know in the video of last year's fall camp, we saw them wear almost every helmet they wore, besides maybe the kelly green ones.  The lack of helmet choices so far is making me wonder whether the loss of the Vicis helmets is affecting what they can wear.  I think the best indication at what helmets they have on hand will be for the Colorado game at home in a couple weeks, where they're asking the crowd to wear green and they'll likely trying matching on-field somewhat.

I've thought this as well and the only good thing that I've come up with in my head is that we didn't see any sign of the new matte black helmets until 2 days before the first game so if they do have more helmet options this season we likely won't see or hear about them until a couple days prior to the games. I do think the loss of the Vicis helmets has affected the helmets they have on hand but I'm hoping and suspecting that they're accounting for that by taking time to sort of restock on already existing helmets (like the Kelly green ones) and/or maybe even working on getting new ones as well. I guess time will tell though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

"Throwbacks" on tap for LSU this weekend:

image.jpeg

They're utilizing the Vapor Untouchable template for this uniform and are therefore the second program after Oregon to use it. Ohio State will use it later this year when they wear their Chic Harley era throwbacks.

Chastise me all you want, those are awful. The gold color is puke worthy, the pants being plain white don't match at all with the rest of the uniform, the giant truncated shoulder stripes are a joke, the yellow on yellow collar logo makes absolutely no sense at all, and the black face mask makes it a mess. Throw in the shiny stripe and number on a flat white helmet, and you have a throwback that is hot trash in every imaginable way. Sometimes, old looks don't translate to modern uniforms, and LSU managed to take it one step further. Maybe they wanted to look how they play.

4 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Chastise me all you want, those are awful. The gold color is puke worthy, the pants being plain white don't match at all with the rest of the uniform, the giant truncated shoulder stripes are a joke, the yellow on yellow collar logo makes absolutely no sense at all, and the black face mask makes it a mess. Throw in the shiny stripe and number on a flat white helmet, and you have a throwback that is hot trash in every imaginable way. Sometimes, old looks don't translate to modern uniforms, and LSU managed to take it one step further. Maybe they wanted to look how they play.

I know the mustard color isn't the best but if it's based on colors historically used I'm fine with it as a one off kit. If this were a new permanent uniform I'd use the team's current gold instead.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

"Throwbacks" on tap for LSU this weekend:

image.jpeg

They're utilizing the Vapor Untouchable template for this uniform and are therefore the second program after Oregon to use it. Ohio State will use it later this year when they wear their Chic Harley era throwbacks.

was the helmet from that era white? I recall they wore a similar gold one a few years ago v Arkansas. Might have been the Pro Combat uni. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

How do white pants not go with a uniform that has a white helmet? The only thing that I agree with him on is the gold logo on gold collar. I guess subtle is what they were going for but that was a swing and a miss, I could take or leave the shiny helmet decals, they look fine in a vacuum but in this case it doesn't make for a good throwback.

7 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

facemask looks purple to me, and collar logo appears to be the same color as the jersey, which would suggest an attempt at subtlety - which kinda makes sense to me..

8 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

ODU vs App State who look is good but reminds me of the Hamilton Tiger Cats. 

pictures removed - thad

This was one instance where I think the black block A would have looked better on the helmets than the white one. I get what they were shooting for, but even from my seats (20 or so rows from the field) the helmets were hard to make out.

I am looking forward to seeing the new black uniforms on the field on Saturday.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

15 hours ago, FSUViking said:

That's a great looking uniform. They should wear this more often.

I liked these too, except for the additional yellow stripe between the white and purple.  Had it been consistent with the rest of LSU's stripes, I think I would have liked them better.

3 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I liked these too, except for the additional yellow stripe between the white and purple.  Had it been consistent with the rest of LSU's stripes, I think I would have liked them better.

The regular yellow pants have yellow stripes in between the white and the purple.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hi all,

Long time reader, I didn't know where to post this question but this thread made the most sense to me. I'm trying to figure out the names and differences of the templates from Adidas and Under Armour from the past decade or whenever they started naming templates. If you all could help give me a history lesson that would be awesome. I found @AndrewMLind's history of Nike uniforms here https://ohiostateuniforms.com/nike-uniforms-templates-destroyer-crack-back-revolution-blaze-enforcer-pro-combat-hypercool-mach-speed-vapor-untouchable-template/ but couldn't find anything like it for Adidas or Under Armour any help would be appreciated!

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

Archived