College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

colorado vs michigan.jpg

This is being reported as the Colorado uniform this weekend vs Michigan. Most likely sans Big 8 patch.

It's a shame the Buffs went like 4-52 when they brought those back.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon is wearing their black helmets again in practice today so it's a near certainty that the white lids are being prepped to be worn in the game this weekend. 

Not necessarily. It only takes to prep helmets. In fact, often teams will wear the helmet they are wearing on Saturday during the week so they are "used to them".

11 minutes ago, Ben5 said:

Not necessarily. It only takes to prep helmets. In fact, often teams will wear the helmet they are wearing on Saturday during the week so they are "used to them".

Yes I'm well aware of that. But from the start of fall camp Oregon has used their white helmets as their practice helmets every single day except for the last two Thursdays (when they did in fact break in their game helmets for the week), so surely they are prepping the white lids and getting them game ready for this weekend. Plus, since it's a pretty substantial trip from Eugene to Lincoln they will have needed to start early on helmet prep to get them loaded on the EQ truck by mid week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Hi all,

Long time reader, I didn't know where to post this question but this thread made the most sense to me. I'm trying to figure out the names and differences of the templates from Adidas and Under Armour from the past decade or whenever they started naming templates. If you all could help give me a history lesson that would be awesome. I found @AndrewMLind's history of Nike uniforms here https://ohiostateuniforms.com/nike-uniforms-templates-destroyer-crack-back-revolution-blaze-enforcer-pro-combat-hypercool-mach-speed-vapor-untouchable-template/ but couldn't find anything like it for Adidas or Under Armour any help would be appreciated!

I'm actually working on Adidas and UA as we speak!

It'll be interesting to see what combination Mississippi State goes with vs. the LSU throwbacks.  They're light enough that color on color is a possibility and dark enough that white is too:

http://www.hailstateunis.com/2016-football-season/visualizing-possible-uniform-matchups-for-the-lsu-game

all-possibilites.png

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

UofL will bust our red chrome helmets for Saturday against FSU.

RedHelmet.jpg

Go Noles.

I knew adidas would crank out something special for the Big Game against FSU, while I'm not really a fan of this helmet, I'm just glad it's not a murderbird fiasco. The jerseys look like their normal homes, if they wear those with white pants, this look will be tolerable for the FSU game. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived