College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

11 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Great looking game

57d5c4b5d2629.image.jpg

57d5c4b63f6d2.image.jpg

Meh.  They just look like a pack of highlighters that exploded.

Virginia looked nice, though.

21049883-mmmain.jpg?w=620&h=413&fit=max monday-highlighter-explosion.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASU and UTSA for Friday night football in the Alamo Dome. ASU with the traditional G/W/G (many fans think G/W/M is the most traditional look, and it's a great look, but I prefer when the helmet and pants match) and UTSA going N/N/W. Should be a great looking game.

11807579_G.jpg   CsGkoIjUsAAPkCE.jpg

Also of note, there is a new weekly article called, "Uniformity," that has been started this season detailing ASU's uniforms. It talks about the previous week's uniform and game, and then details the next week's uniform once it is released by the equipment staff.

Uniformity

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Meh.  They just look like a pack of highlighters that exploded.

Virginia looked nice, though.

21049883-mmmain.jpg?w=620&h=413&fit=max monday-highlighter-explosion.jpg

i think thats a pretty accurate correlation. i also think it looks really interesting. i dig the Oregon unis

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think thats a pretty accurate correlation. i also think it looks really interesting. i dig the Oregon unis

I feel the same way and I think the new "exploding" wing pattern makes for a very good base design for their new set. I'm hopeful that it is indeed the base design for the rest of the jerseys in the new set with the exception of the retro inspired green uniform that's been leaked because it's very interesting as you say and still unique from their past designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Great looking game

57d5c4b5d2629.image.jpg

57d5c4b63f6d2.image.jpg

I definitely prefer these to the white and gray versions of the Alamo bowl uniforms they wore....but the helmet looks so generic. Looks like the army all American helmets.  I thought the winged helmets (esp the yellow) were nice, iconic, and unique. And would've paired better with this set. Even all black. The contrasting facemask just looks bad imo.

i loved what they were doing during the Marcus Mariota era, despite a little bit of inconsistency from designs to templates, you could still see a connection and evolution.  This set definitely displays more of a connection to those uniforms. 

Virginia has has been bringing the heat tho. Love those.

Saw this exchange on twitter a little while ago between a fan and Oregon's Senior Associate AD:

IMG_2132.PNG

Obviously there's not much in it, but interesting nonetheless. Can't quite tell if he's hinting that it will or won't include the new wing print, but I really hope it does.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/13/2016 at 11:00 AM, Clintau24 said:

Truncated shoulder stripes? There's nothing truncated about them...

They aren't even shoulder stripes...at least not in the same respect as their normal unis. I would consider these to be sleeve stripes.

On 9/13/2016 at 6:31 AM, lahaye7 said:

was the helmet from that era white? I recall they wore a similar gold one a few years ago v Arkansas. Might have been the Pro Combat uni. 

That helmet was a Pro Combat creation using a shade of gold inspired by an old shade they used to wear. Those helmets were more of a metallic gold than the mustard gold...but I'm thinking these new unis might be more on the mark with the color match.

xjBqNnl.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Saw this exchange on twitter a little while ago between a fan and Oregon's Senior Associate AD:

IMG_2132.PNG

Obviously there's not much in it, but interesting nonetheless. Can't quite tell if he's hinting that it will or won't include the new wing print, but I really hope it does.

I think they'll wear the white jersey with the new wing print this weekend, just based on the cleat collection they showed and the fact they're telling fans to wear green if they're attending the game this weekend in Lincoln.  Going off that same photo of the cleats, I also think they have a white/silver/black jersey that they'll break out in one of the away games they want the fans to wear black or white at (@Washington State on Oct. 1st or @USC on Nov. 5th.)

9 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think they'll wear the white jersey with the new wing print this weekend, just based on the cleat collection they showed and the fact they're telling fans to wear green if they're attending the game this weekend in Lincoln.  Going off that same photo of the cleats, I also think they have a white/silver/black jersey that they'll break out in one of the away games they want the fans to wear black or white at (@Washington State on Oct. 1st or @USC on Nov. 5th.)

I think you're right. As far as the white/silver/black jersey, I'm curious to see if it will include the new wing print or I could also see them following the design of the green jersey that's been leaked or possibly even the design of the Alamo bowl jerseys and changing the numbers from green to black. I only say that because it seems like the anthracite uniform that was unveiled prior to the Alamo Bowl will be in rotation this year so they may want to have an away version still in rotation as well. But at the same time I could see the second road jersey being an away version of the leaked green one, kind of like the two uniforms that were unveiled as part of the "Diamond Quest" collection for the 2015 CFP. But first and foremost I'm hoping for the white/green jersey with the new wing print this weekend and then after that we will see what else they have in store.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Mich. State wearing the alternates this weekend?

CsUhhj7WIAAHJHQ.jpg

Wtf, why would you wear a bronze helmet against a team that wears a gold one? This is a huge mistake, as it's the first time since 2013 we are facing Notre Dame, so I would think they would go with the traditional green helmet. 

My hatred for the Bronze getting shoehorned into the color scheme grows by the day. It's nice for trim, but not for major elements like a helmet.

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I think you're right. As far as the white/silver/black jersey, I'm curious to see if it will include the new wing print or I could also see them following the design of the green jersey that's been leaked or possibly even the design of the Alamo bowl jerseys and changing the numbers from green to black. I only say that because it seems like the anthracite uniform that was unveiled prior to the Alamo Bowl will be in rotation this year so they may want to have an away version still in rotation as well. But at the same time I could see the second road jersey being an away version of the leaked green one, kind of like the two uniforms that were unveiled as part of the "Diamond Quest" collection for the 2015 CFP. But first and foremost I'm hoping for the white/green jersey with the new wing print this weekend and then after that we will see what else they have in store.

It could also be they intend to wear the white Alamo Bowl jerseys again since they look to have kept the anthracite version.  With what I've seen or heard so far, it appears they'll have about 4-5 different designs this season, which is just way too many even for Oregon.

6 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

It could also be they intend to wear the white Alamo Bowl jerseys again since they look to have kept the anthracite version.  With what I've seen or heard so far, it appears they'll have about 4-5 different designs this season, which is just way too many even for Oregon.

Yeah I've heard that as well, and I agree that 4-5 different designs is way too many for them. The new wing print is a great start in my mind and it's a shame they're going to water it down by using a variety of other designs as well. They most likely will either reuse the white Alamo Bowl jerseys or tweak it to be white/silver/black, but it'll be interesting to see what other designs they have in store besides what we've already seen with the new wing print, the Alamo Bowl unis and the green leaked jerseys (not counting the grey jerseys since they were a one off).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Mich. State wearing the alternates this weekend?

CsUhhj7WIAAHJHQ.jpg

y tho, Michigan State had lowkey one of the most aesthetic uniforms in college football but nike kept nit picking and trying to change it, changing that perfect gloss helmet to a satin finish and a bronze helmet

sorry for the blogpost tier post but its a damn shame

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived