College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Louisville has been chipping away at a great identity over the years. It started with the weird alternate helmets, then they introduced the custom font (not the end of the world, but the drop shadow was nice and somewhat unique to UL in this day and age), and then they completely dropped the best part...the stripes. Now the chrome is out of control and half the time they've got an angry chicken on their helmets with that old English name font or it's something goofy like tonal red logos on chrome black or fake shiny wings on the sleeves. Yuck.

3 hours ago, djam2410 said:

CsWohr6UAAAwwSX.jpg

Pretty funny that they used this template for the official photo ; the official jersey is actually using the Mach Speed cut

Tweet with video here: 

This is what I mentioned a couple days ago, not exactly spot on, but it was close.

a2BRS8U.png

I give Arizona props for doing this while playing Hawaii, since the ship is still submerged at the memorial at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like that uniform...Arizona's traditional navy/white/red helmet stripe really needs to be on it though.  It would make that helmet look 10000x better, and would good tie-in to the remembrance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

How? It's in rememberence of a tragity that occurred to a ship that had there name and is at a place where the ship remains as a memorial.

It just seems wrong to me to use the deaths of close to 1200 Americans as an excuse to roll out a new cfb uni. 

1 hour ago, coogrfan said:

It just seems wrong to me to use the deaths of close to 1200 Americans as an excuse to roll out a new cfb uni. 

Not to get into a rigorous debate, but Memorial Day unis kind of do the same thing in baseball.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, coogrfan said:

If they were to sell the jerseys and make a profit off of them, then I would agree that it would be an extremely poor move by the University. But considering the reason they are wearing the uniforms, to honor the 75th anniversary of the USS Arizona and the tragic events of Pearl Harbor, I am almost certain they won't. Now with that in mind, I don't think wearing these uniforms is in poor taste at all and I think it's a nice tribute to the ship and to all of those who lost their lives on that unfortunate day. I agree that maybe a simple decal or patch would've accomplished the same goal, but I don't think they should be scrutinized for going the extra mile and designing a uniform that is meant to have the same purpose just on a larger scale.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In Arizona's defense, it's not as egregious as some of the more random "tributes" where a team like Tulsa slaps stars and stripes all over because it's the third game in October or whatever. 

This is much less contrived. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived