College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bowld said:

Nothing on Oregon this week? Assume they will wear a white jersey but was looking forward to seeing what pattern they go with

It'll probably be released early tomorrow morning.  Based on the fact they didn't wear their white helmets all week in practice, I'd say those were probably getting prepped for this weekend.  Other than that, I'm not sure what to really expect this weekend since they could break out their white Alamo Bowl uniforms or could just as easily have something entirely new.

29 minutes ago, abanta said:

Oregon tomorrow per twitter 

pretty disappointing if real 

The numbers are definitely photoshopped on that picture and so are the names as it doesn't match the font they've been using for the nameplates on the new uniforms. However, the guy who posted the picture is a commit to Oregon so he very well could've had that graphic sent to him by the university as they tend to send recruits and commits graphics showing what they might look like in an Oregon uniform. I'm not sure I'm ready to believe it's real, but it's certainly possible. Everything but the numbers and nameplate looks fairly real and it's pretty much a certainty that they'll be in white helmets so it very well could be the actual uniform for tomorrow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

It'll probably be released early tomorrow morning.  Based on the fact they didn't wear their white helmets all week in practice, I'd say those were probably getting prepped for this weekend.  Other than that, I'm not sure what to really expect this weekend since they could break out their white Alamo Bowl uniforms or could just as easily have something entirely new.

The Ducks Facebook page posted a few pictures of the travel gear for this week: 

14311463_910391389066531_808506197850646   14324455_910391292399874_367324676346601

Not sure this is the best way to read into something, but maybe we get to see school colors return? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

54 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

The Ducks Facebook page posted a few pictures of the travel gear for this week: 

14311463_910391389066531_808506197850646   14324455_910391292399874_367324676346601

Not sure this is the best way to read into something, but maybe we get to see school colors return? 

Its so sad that this is even a legitimate, applicable question here that has to be asked. What's Oregon's identity anymore? Just "kewl for the kids"?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

It appears those Oregon uniforms are indeed the combo for tomorrow as a few other Oregon recruits and/or commits have tweeted out pictures of them with their last name and number on them and several Oregon affiliated Twitter accounts, including the official accounts of both the football program and athletic department, have retweeted them all. Or it could just be a giant misdirection, but I'm kind of doubting it.

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2142.JPGIMG_2143.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I guess I was sort of correct in what the uniforms would look like.  I did say they could break out the white Alamo Bowl uniforms, which they sort of did but they just ended up having it recolored.  They seem to be wearing the white/black/silver cleats that I thought they'd use with a white/black jersey so that still leaves them with a white/green jersey option for later in the season.  At this point, they do seem really limited on the amount of options they have.  So far, they only have 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 2 pants, with no sight of any kelly/apple green yet.

The whole "let's wear lots of black and gray and maybe a school color" was pretty good marketing ("SICK!!!!" in some circles) for a few years, but seriously...just get back to green and yellow.  The modern green and yellow stuff blows this crap out of the water.  Mariota's final year was pretty awesome, and they have gone away from it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It appears those Oregon uniforms are indeed the combo for tomorrow as a few other Oregon recruits and/or commits have tweeted out pictures of them with their last name and number on them and several Oregon affiliated Twitter accounts, including the official accounts of both the football program and athletic department, have retweeted them all. Or it could just be a giant misdirection, but I'm kind of doubting it.

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2142.JPGIMG_2143.JPG

I'm 95 percent certain this is the uniform for the weekend, but these mockups are akin to the glow in the dark recruitment photos that Oregon put out last year. The correct white jersey has the hanging feather feature that the yellow jersey had last week.

6 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I guess I was sort of correct in what the uniforms would look like.  I did say they could break out the white Alamo Bowl uniforms, which they sort of did but they just ended up having it recolored.  They seem to be wearing the white/black/silver cleats that I thought they'd use with a white/black jersey so that still leaves them with a white/green jersey option for later in the season.  At this point, they do seem really limited on the amount of options they have.  So far, they only have 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 2 pants, with no sight of any kelly/apple green yet.

I'm hoping this jersey takes the place of the white Alamo Bowl jersey and that the other road jersey is the white and green version of the new yellow one. If that's the case, then I'd be okay with it. And other than possibly being limited in the number of helmets they have, I'm not too concerned about them also being limited in jersey and pant options as they didn't wear any hint of green in their uniforms in the first 3 weeks of last season either and used 3 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 2 pants in those games. They ended up still having a large amount of jersey and pant options last year (albeit different jersey styles, etc.), and I suspect the same to be the case this year. We already know they have anthracite pants to go with the alternate Alamo Bowl jersey, and they'll probably end up having white, grey and green as well. As far as jerseys go, they'll most likely end up with another white jersey and a black one to go with the ones that have been seen and/or leaked. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

I'm 95 percent certain this is the uniform for the weekend, but these mockups are akin to the glow in the dark recruitment photos that Oregon put out last year. The correct white jersey has the hanging feather feature that the yellow jersey had last week.

I apologize for the double post. But anyways, what makes you think this if you don't mind me asking? The wing design that's on the mockups is the same design that was on the Alamo Bowl uniforms so I would guess it's correctly shown.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I apologize for the double post. But anyways, what makes you think this if you don't mind me asking? The wing design that's on the mockups is the same design that was on the Alamo Bowl uniforms so I would guess it's correctly shown.

No need to apologize. The replica yellow jerseys didn't have the hanging feathers - that's really my only hunch. I think you're correct though as I'm reading more...

http://campussports.net/2016/09/16/oregon-football-ducks-reveal-new-uniforms-on-snapchat-to-recruits/

So this is the basis for the white 1, white 2 and black uniform? The yellow with the glass shattering/hanging feathers must be unique? 

11 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

No need to apologize. The replica yellow jerseys didn't have the hanging feathers - that's really my only hunch. I think you're correct though as I'm reading more...

http://campussports.net/2016/09/16/oregon-football-ducks-reveal-new-uniforms-on-snapchat-to-recruits/

So this is the basis for the white 1, white 2 and black uniform? The yellow with the glass shattering/hanging feathers must be unique? 

Ahh, okay. And well it's not really known at this point whether or not this shoulder design is the basis for those remaining uniforms, or whether the shattered glass wing design is. They have white cleats with the shattered glass wings in green on them so I would suspect the second white jersey to be based off of that. The black jersey, assuming they'll have one, could be based off of either of those designs or could be something different altogether even. If I had to guess, I'd say the black jersey as well as the second white jersey will follow the design of the yellow one we saw last week, with this white jersey and the anthracite ones being the only ones with the Alamo Bowl wing design. And then that would leave the leaked apple green jersey as the last remaining jersey and the outlier from both of those base designs. That's just pure speculation on my part, however, as it's really all up in the air.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ahh, okay. And well it's not really known at this point whether or not this shoulder design is the basis for those remaining uniforms, or whether the shattered glass wing design is. They have white cleats with the shattered glass wings in green on them so I would suspect the second white jersey to be based off of that. The black jersey, assuming they'll have one, could be based off of either of those designs or could be something different altogether even. If I had to guess, I'd say the black jersey as well as the second white jersey will follow the design of the yellow one we saw last week, with this white jersey and the anthracite ones being the only ones with the Alamo Bowl wing design. And then that would leave the leaked apple green jersey as the last remaining jersey and the outlier from both of those base designs. That's just pure speculation on my part, however, as it's really all up in the air.

It would really suck though if the only green jersey they have is the ugly green one (as you can tell, I'm not a big fan of them) seen in stores.

On 9/15/2016 at 9:26 AM, coogrfan said:

Am I the only one who thinks these Arizona uni's are in bad taste? 

No, you're not. 

Some people view it as a "class act", but jerseys like these cheapen the message. 

If it raises money for a cause, I guess can't get upset, but it always seems more about the jersey than the intent.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Archived