College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The "U" logo just doesn't feel right with traditional uniforms. Just like it would be weird to see the Oregon "O" with throwbacks. 

Which Oregon has done (2009, against OSU I think).  The thing about the O is that ever since it was introduced, it was always on the flashiest of unis. On the other hand, Miami's U had been on traditional unis long before 2000.  So to see it on the traditional look is a welcome sight.  

Also, any Miami jersey where the numbers are double outlined is pretty bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/17/2016 at 9:01 PM, JosiahWVU said:

Ohio State in throwback unis that they wore for the Playoff two years ago. Great decision to me.

Image result for ohio st cfbp

We all know these jerseys make one of the best looks in college football history.  My only thought is, and no surprise here, is that it comes down to money.  I think the current jersey's with the Helmet stripe perpetuated to the jersey sleeves sells well.  However, I don't think anyone would buy them if they were worn once or twice per year.  When it comes to these beautiful CFP/big game jerseys, I think they entice a lot of people to go out and buy them.  If these were full time, everyone would buy them, and that would be it.  No one would buy their current primary jerseys as alternates.

Might be a stretch... but that's the only thing I can think of.

2 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

We all know these jerseys make one of the best looks in college football history.  My only thought is, and no surprise here, is that it comes down to money.  I think the current jersey's with the Helmet stripe perpetuated to the jersey sleeves sells well.  However, I don't think anyone would buy them if they were worn once or twice per year.  When it comes to these beautiful CFP/big game jerseys, I think they entice a lot of people to go out and buy them.  If these were full time, everyone would buy them, and that would be it.  No one would buy their current primary jerseys as alternates.

Might be a stretch... but that's the only thing I can think of.

Since they would be hyped up big time I think you would still see some people buy them because they are alternates. If they offered alternates that weren't $145 a piece I'd buy them over the regular uniforms. But since I have a game worn jersey from the 2002 set I don't need to anyways. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This is kind of interesting. Against Eastern Washington, WSU wore a crimson face mask for the first time since going from silver to flat gray.

Image result for washington state vs eastern washington 2016

That was good, but then for the Idaho game, they put the crimson facemask on the crimson helmet...

Image result for washington state vs idaho 2016

Thoughts?

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

52 minutes ago, patsox said:

Mississippi State will be wearing these Patriots-inspired uniforms when they play UMass at Gillette Stadium this Saturday. Kinda weird.

This is super weird. Had any other college team done something like this? Sure there are college teams that look like some Pro Teams but not as a special uniform when playing in their stadium.

It's like @Discrimihater's College to Pro concept series came to life.

I'm not a fan of these little stripes on the hips 

15407_starkey31f.jpg

Either use full length stripes like I'd prefer or go back to what they were doing with nothing on this pants. 

But these things are weird and bother me. 

mac18cut.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

Great looking D-III matchup between Ohio Northern (in Orange) and Heidelberg (In Black)

FBatBerg1603.jpg

Not a fan when teams have basically the same color pallet.  I think it actually looks worse than blank match ups.  The teams have to have contrasting colors... Not the same 3 colors in a different combination.

Interested to see which template is used. I think adidas' rationale for the slit stripes (Miami, UCLA, Nebraska alts) was so the material can still stretch. The only way UCLA got away from that was reverting to the old school construction (probably independent manufacturer with adidas logos slapped on). Wonder if the U will still have "Shockweb" or not.

The longer overdue change at GT happened. I've never seen a team go from one contemporary look BACK to another contemporary look, but Tech ordered new white jerseys that are just complete rehashes of the ones from the mid-2000s. The trademark here is the GT roundel on top of the detailed collar, as well as the gold stripe on the sleeve. The only difference is the pants are from a previous era--a lot more simple and look better. This is Tech's best look. 

Cso1tXhWAAAcJSv.jpg

CsqEZGdXEAAxfzg.jpg

Archived