College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are easily the best adidas uniforms they've put out lately. It looks like the stripes are stitched into the sleeves so they skipped the screen print. And so are the numbers! No shiny Reynolds Wrap numbers! Great look for the Canes.

I know it wouldn't be historically accurate, but my own critique would be that they should match the stripes on the white jersey and helmet. Might have been an oversight 30 years ago but no reason not to match them today.

The link says:

"Mirroring the dynasty years, the retro uniforms are highlighted by two combinations that will become the home and away looks for the program effective upon their debuts. The first uniform, debuting on Saturday, Oct. 8, will feature orange jerseys paired with white pants, and the second uniform, set to debut Thursday, Oct. 20, will feature white jerseys paired with orange pants."

So what do they wear October 15th against UNC? Is it going to be one of those goofy all black or all white with the metallic silver?

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=211177833

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The link says:

"Mirroring the dynasty years, the retro uniforms are highlighted by two combinations that will become the home and away looks for the program effective upon their debuts. The first uniform, debuting on Saturday, Oct. 8, will feature orange jerseys paired with white pants, and the second uniform, set to debut Thursday, Oct. 20, will feature white jerseys paired with orange pants."

So what do they wear October 15th against UNC? Is it going to be one of those goofy all black or all white with the metallic silver?

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=211177833

They will be wearing the new orange home uni since UNC is a home game. The first away game for the new white unis is at Virginia Tech on Oct, 20th.

34 minutes ago, chrome14 said:

Close ups:

NVYVJQKWCDCXPID.20160919210051.jpgDSLXJHBQOVJRJGW.20160919205803.jpgICEHVGKLPNDWPLS.20160919205939.jpg

GEZTSZGYYCJROTG.20160919210009.jpg

Csvwpg_W8AApLXH.jpgCsvwlaFWYAAZF12.jpg

CsvxcfoWEAI6s3i.jpg

I can do without that weird fabric pattern on the orange uniforms and I'd think it'd be cool to see a green alternate top (history notwithstanding), but this is still a home run in my book.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

They have acknowledged people asking about green and they said there isn't one, though they will wear the current green at Georgia Tech on October 1, the last game before they switch fully to these.

I wish they used the current font with a single outline. Would have been a great blending of eras. The font, a staple of Miami football for nearly 2 decades mixed with the stripes would have looked awesome.

Still nice overall.

MAn i saw an old school picture of warren moon, I believe, with some gear with the triangle logo and thought that would look cool if it was utilized in a modern way and Miami and adidas seem to have done just that 

wow also the white cleats with the black bottom look SO old school. Very cool. 

Names on back of road jerseys will go back to being orange in color.

Csv_vDnXgAEi3GD.jpg

CswBqBrWAAAmBS9.jpg

That was in 1987.

And the white cleats and socks were for just the old school look and reveal.

Apparently, the are sticking with black socks and cleats as the regular look.

I guess Mark Richt is bringing his UGA black cleat tradition to UM.

Wouldn't mind seeing those white throwback socks with the black cleats though.

Archived