College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

They look fantastic!

The only thing they managed to not fix was the different stripe pattern on the white helmets and white jersey/pants.  Inconsistency.  So close.  I don't care if it matches the 80's... its an over-site/mistake they made in the past that they should have corrected in the present.

15 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I love these so much. Adidas really correcting it's mistakes with the New Miami uniforms and the new UCLA uniforms. 

Hopefully they do the same as Arizona state and get rid of that damn fork over the helmets.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

1 minute ago, scraw28 said:

Hopefully they do the same as Arizona state and get rid of that damn fork over the helmets.

The forks are here to stay though I like Sparky much better. If they changed the way they screened the numbers and used a jersey similar to UCLA's this year, Arizona State would look much better. I think that's the biggest issue I have with Miami. It looks okay on the Shockweb template but would look so much better on a more traditional jersey layout.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, JPDesign said:

This is super weird. Had any other college team done something like this? Sure there are college teams that look like some Pro Teams but not as a special uniform when playing in their stadium.

It's like @Discrimihater's College to Pro concept series came to life.

What is funny is that Adidas was the original manufacturer of the current Pats design back in the 2000's. 

Good for Miami on going back to those uniforms, but Adidas just couldn't help themselves could they? They got adidas all over those jerseys. Yuck. 

As far as I'm concerned there is no other uniform Miami should wear. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 hours ago, JPDesign said:

This is super weird. Had any other college team done something like this? Sure there are college teams that look like some Pro Teams but not as a special uniform when playing in their stadium.

It's like @Discrimihater's College to Pro concept series came to life.

Ironically, as I've mentioned before on here, Adidas ripped off their own font they made for Northwestern when they designed those Patriots uniforms. It's the circle of life. B)

QTKLeuU.jpg

In college hoops, Adidas has offered the Heat's, Lakers', Nets', and Pelicans' normal uniform designs and the Wizards' navy alternate as catalog-order templates lately. Judging from the latest Adidas catalog, we will soon start seeing a bunch of recolored Hornets and Grizzlies uniforms in college as well.

All in all, that's Adidas for you - shamelessly unoriginal and lazy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived