College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mississippi State Patriots-inspired uniforms look just as weird as expected. Especially with them being on the Gillette Stadium field with the Patriots logs on the field and everything, they look like severely washed out Patriots away uniforms.

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Can't find a good picture of the whole uniform, but Oregon State is pairing their orange helmets with black jerseys and pants for the first time:

IMG_2191.JPG

Can't say I'm a fan, it doesn't quite look right without any white on the helmet to match the white in the jersey and pant striping.

You have the same reason I have for not quite liking it.  The white on the beaver logo is not enough for it to pair well with the black jersey and pants.  I think if they had somehow added a white center stripe, it'd maybe look better, although they'd then have issues about different helmet striping patterns.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Can't find a good picture of the whole uniform, but Oregon State is pairing their orange helmets with black jerseys and pants for the first time:

IMG_2191.JPG

Can't say I'm a fan, it doesn't quite look right without any white on the helmet to match the white in the jersey and pant striping.

They look a lot like San Diego State from far away. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Davidellias said:

Don't like it. Numbers look to big and the white logo doesn't look good on Orange

The white logo is the best option available on that orange helmet.  The orange logo sucked, a maroon logo would get lost, and...well, anything else would look dumb.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, lilben777 said:

Seeing Purdue in action in the new unis, I HATE the number font. It's just, just too big and wide. It needs to be smaller or trim the gold with a lil white.

I thought they looked good.  The classic gold/black/gold is such a good look for them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

45 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I thought they looked good.  The classic gold/black/gold is such a good look for them.

The Drew Brees era unis was great, with these unis if they just made the numbers smaller id be ok with all gold numbers...

Kentucky looked AWFUL I thought, with the grey jersey combined with the weird white stripe on the blue pants. that clashed badly.

ASU looks pretty damn good right now, the helmets are nice, but they are playing quite poorly.

I just saw what Mississippi State wore today, a few minutes ago, All I can say is, wtf?? They were nicely improving their uniform recently I thought, but then they do this.....did anyone else find the Patriots knockoffs to be very strange? I think the strangest part of the whole thing is that in the press release by the team, they basically positioned it as an "innovative" new alternate jersey with absolutely no mention of the team who's look they were borrowing:

http://hailstate.com/news/2016/9/19/football-msu-adidas-unveil-new-alternate-uniform-for-umass-game-at-gillette-stadium.aspx

Sort of football related, but my school, Baldwin Wallace, unveiled a new Stinger costume today at our annual Community Day. I'm kind of liking it, but it has received mixed reviews from our students. Any thoughts?  The new costume is the one in the BW t-shirt and the old one is there for comparison. 

FB_IMG_1474775829137.jpg

download.jpg

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2191.JPG

IMO Oregon State has looked like trash since unveiling those logos/uniforms in 2013. They need to revert back to these ASAP

orst-08-12-orangewhite-brianmurphy-vert-

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived