buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

 

 

Great looking game all the way around. Florida need to change number font. Otherwise amazing

I think they could pull off a Chicago Bears type font

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, guys. Anyone know that name of the new VT number font....and more importantly, where I can find it? Thanks.

IMG_2118.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Maine vs JMU thoughts? 

20836681_H18747697-600x402.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Didn't know New Balance still sponsored teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Hey, guys. Anyone know that name of the new VT number font....and more importantly, where I can find it? Thanks.

IMG_2118.PNG

Believe it's just a custom font designed for VT by Nike and not available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

 

 

Didn't know New Balance still sponsored teams.

I've known about NB doing soccer uniforms (primarily with overseas clubs), but I would have never thought they'd have football uniforms under their banner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Oregon's practice today, they reverted back to wearing their black helmets, which likely means the green ones are being prepared for their game on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Believe it's just a custom font designed for VT by Nike and not available.

Thank you. I figured that much. I was hoping someone had the template so I could use it for a uniform concept I had in mind. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

At Oregon's practice today, they reverted back to wearing their black helmets, which likely means the green ones are being prepared for their game on Saturday.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Hopefully they debut the suspected white and green version of the uniforms from the Virginia game as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Thank you. I figured that much. I was hoping someone had the template so I could use it for a uniform concept I had in mind. ?

Ask conrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't ask Conrad. He doesn't have it. 

25 minutes ago, dont care said:

Ask conrad

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Balance is headquartered in Boston and has some factories in Maine. Makes sense for them. Went by their new HQ building in the Spring and that thing is really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Central Michigan was with New Balance when Dan LeFevour was the QB.

 

 

I couldn't think of who, but I knew there was another school I remember seeing with NB.  All I remembered is that they used  gold/maroon colors.  Central Michigan was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Northwestern vs Nebraska

 

 

#Fire 

 

I hope Nebraska stays with this look. Usually they look super generic in a Wisconsin way

57e71d6345f4e.image.jpg

 

NW = Yes

Nebraska = HARD NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

 

 

I couldn't think of who, but I knew there was another school I remember seeing with NB.  All I remembered is that they used  gold/maroon colors.  Central Michigan was it.

i think wyoming was at one point too..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Northwestern vs Nebraska

 

 

#Fire 

 

I hope Nebraska stays with this look. Usually they look super generic in a Wisconsin way

57e71d6345f4e.image.jpg

usa-today-9562518.0.jpg

images (8).jpg

2016-nebraska-vs-northwestern.jpg

You're kidding... right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the Husker alternates as just that... alternates. They've been the best of the adidas alternates turds so far.

 

But for a regular road game? I'll take the white jersey and red pants any day. Too many teams go all-white on the road; I like that Nebraska has a tradition with the red road pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

New Balance is headquartered in Boston and has some factories in Maine. Makes sense for them. Went by their new HQ building in the Spring and that thing is really nice.

So does New Balance make football cleats too? Noticed the Maine players in the pic were wearing Nike gloves, but the photo does not show their shoes.

 

SN: Anybody else find it odd that the Maine Black Bears do not wear black uniforms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

So does New Balance make football cleats too? Noticed the Maine players in the pic were wearing Nike gloves, but the photo does not show their shoes.

 

SN: Anybody else find it odd that the Maine Black Bears do not wear black uniforms?

 

You mean like the Texas Tech Red/Black Raiders? Maybe they could secure a licensing deal from the CFL for RedBlacks.

 

At least TTU does use a good amount of red, though. Same could be argued for Tulsa or Kent State - pretty much any "golden something" team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.