buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

23 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

UCF, Michigan, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech and East Carolina are the only ones I know. 

Houston.

23 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Pitt as well

I'm really looking forward to this one. I know they're going back to the Pitt script but is there any talk of the incorporating yellow in some capacity again? Whether it be the primary or an alternate, I hope to see something similar to this again. 

ds2_0264a-lg.jpg

5 hours ago, razorback447 said:

I'm really looking forward to this one. I know they're going back to the Pitt script but is there any talk of the incorporating yellow in some capacity again? Whether it be the primary or an alternate, I hope to see something similar to this again. 

ds2_0264a-lg.jpg

The Pitt script will be returning in what may be three different uniform sets, but the 1973-96 throwbacks will be worn once a year. At this time, the current colors won't be changing, it should be noted this will be the 40th anniversary of the great 1976 National Championship team. There may be a patch on the new uniforms to commemorate that dominant team.

26 minutes ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

The Pitt script will be returning in what may be three different uniform sets, but the 1973-96 throwbacks will be worn once a year. At this time, the current colors won't be changing, it should be noted this will be the 40th anniversary of the great 1976 National Championship team. There may be a patch on the new uniforms to commemorate that dominant team.

How do you know this?

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:
2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

Pitt's already said they will be honoring the 1976 National Champs, so a patch would be the logical extension. I think everything is being worked on, so I used the word "may", since we're only in April. 

Just now, Gold Pinstripes said:

Pitt's already said they will be honoring the 1976 National Champs, so a patch would be the logical extension. I think everything is being worked on, so I used the word "may", since we're only in April. 

Oops, forgot to mention I heard the Athletic Director talk about the throwbacks when discussing the new uniforms. You never know, events could change.

18 hours ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

If they could put a old gold yellow facemask on that helmet, that would be perfection.

Clemson has moved to the newest Nike template, which also looks like they have added sleeve numbers and the paws are back on the shoulders:newjersey.png

6 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Clemson has moved to the newest Nike template, which also looks like they have added sleeve numbers and the paws are back on the shoulders:newjersey.png

As much as I don't like that orange team from the upstate, they do have a great set of uniforms, but only without the paws on the shoulders. 

^The best thing SC did last season was break back out the garnet helmets. Despite the history, it's a good look.

Full disclosure for those who don't know Clemson's uniform history, this new set is nearly identical to the same ones they wore in the 80s':EP-160109442.jpg&MaxW=520&q=85

I'll need to see the whole set, which will probably be unveiled Saturday to coincide with the Spring Game, but so far, I appreciate its tie back into the team's history, although a bit busy.

11 hours ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

As much as I don't like that orange team from the upstate, they do have a great set of uniforms, but only without the paws on the shoulders. 

I'm glad to see these. The numbers on the sleeves and the paws on the shoulders are what they should always have.

Front & Shoulder view of the Clemson jerseys

CfkHdJrW4AEO-CE.jpg

CfkHdJ7WsAEu5zI.jpg

The 4 looks like it is mis-aligned and the paw print looks cut off on the bottom hopefully these are just previews or samples

That video was promptly taken down, so someone in the social media department jumped the gun. The cut-off on the paw is something that I'm not worried about, probably a graphic error that might have led to the removal of the video. I'll be able to see the uniform in person tomorrow and make my judgments off of that.

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Front & Shoulder view of the Clemson jerseys

CfkHdJrW4AEO-CE.jpg

CfkHdJ7WsAEu5zI.jpg

The 4 looks like it is mis-aligned and the paw print looks cut off on the bottom hopefully these are just previews or samples

Obviously there is a wrinkle in the jersey on the shoulder, so no the paw print isn't cut off it just in the fold. ?!?!?

Looks like the paw print has a strange drop shadow effect. I was also they would drop the purple circle around the collar logo. Unneccesary. Either way, Clemson will continue to look very sharp.

So they have a paw print on the collar, a paw print patch directly below that, and two paw prints on the shoulders?

Blech.