College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The chrome marshal logo on the helmet that can't be seen from more than 40 feet away is neither clean nor crisp.

What do you want them to do then? make it huge? Its a pretty damn good look.

a2BRS8U.png

3 minutes ago, H11K said:

What do you want them to do then? make it huge? Its a pretty damn good look.

Yeah, in your opinion.

In my opinion, the fact that I can't see the logo from the regular broadcast camera because of how muddled it is makes it a pretty bad look.  The white helmet with the marshal logo was a little bit better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Yeah, in your opinion.

In my opinion, the fact that I can't see the logo from the regular broadcast camera because of how muddled it is makes it a pretty bad look.

I mean I do get that, but it is a normal sized logo, and most teams who have normal sized logos are hard to see from 40 feet away. Whether its good contrast or not, its hard too see any logo that sized from far away.

a2BRS8U.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's the official photos of the Oregon uniforms for today: 

IMG_2265.JPGIMG_2266.JPGIMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2268.JPGIMG_2269.JPGThe jersey actually looks to be the same as the one they wore in the Alamo Bowl with the grey collar and sleeves so at least it's not just plain white I suppose. This is also the first time they've worn the regularly colored Duck logo on the sides of the helmet and that is by far the best feature of this uniform.

I thought overbuilt face masks were banned.

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The chrome marshal logo on the helmet that can't be seen from more than 40 feet away is neither clean nor crisp.

I totally agree. It's less about size and more about color. The marshal logo could've easily been made orange, white, or a flat grey/silver instead. As it is, there are some angles where shadows hit the chrome and makes it look like there's no logo at all. Thus, the decal was not very well executed and thought through placing it upon a black helmet. Plus, I prefer the more visible "oSu" logo anyways; it meshes much better with the set as a whole, I feel.

That said though, Oklahoma State from the neck down looks really good, in my opinion. I'm loving that number font.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Two new MAC helmets for the Wagon Wheel today.

LOVE the satin gold finish Akron is using. Would have preferred navy logos and facemask.

My guess is they wanted to tie in the helmet better with the white/white combo.

CtsnC5xWIAA1I_x.jpg

And Kent State is....um...generic?

I thought it was a joke at first.

CtmpW1PXgAANNhz.jpg

That's a throwback academic mark that's been stacked up.  Kind of out there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Random:  I like Tennessee's smoky helmet...but the white helmet with the wide stripe is just classic.  Today's Tennessee/Georgia game was a great aesthetic matchup.

And I've said it a few times...South Carolina really did itself a favor with the additional helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oregon does actually look very good on the field tonight IMO. Love the green helmet as always, and especially the decals. The jerseys still leave a little bit to be desired though, and this combo certainly can't mask the bigger issues surrounding their lack of aesthetic cohesion this year, but overall it's a pretty nice simple and classic look in my mind.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived