College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Why in the blue heck is Colorado State wearing grey??

This should've been a really good looking game. I remember as a kid living in Mountain West territory, CSU/Wyoming was usually one of the best looking games in the conference back in the day. Yet another example of a matchup getting inexcusably ruined because someone wanted to be "kewl school". Not that it's the worst offense of even the week, but still. It's the fact that this matchup didn't have to suck, but really does. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This should've been a really good looking game. I remember as a kid living in Mountain West territory, CSU/Wyoming was usually one of the best looking games in the conference back in the day. Yet another example of a matchup getting inexcusably ruined because someone wanted to be "kewl school". Not that it's the worst offense of even the week, but still. It's the fact that this matchup didn't have to suck, but really does. 

I saw that the game was on hoping to see Colorado State in green jersey and white pants, but nope they have the out of place grey uniform on. Could've been a 10/10 game, but with those things on the game goes down to a 2/10

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Because UNIFORM SWAG SWAG GOTTA IMPRESS THE RECRUITS SWAG.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Found this picture and noticed that Ohio State paints the stripes.

IMG_4354.JPG

Nice! I wonder if this is only for the SpeedFlex helmets, though it would make sense to do it to all of them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Nice! I wonder if this is only for the SpeedFlex helmets, though it would make sense to do it to all of them.

It's every helmet style. And Ohio State started painting its helmet stripes last season. The 3D bumper is new this year, as is the Tote Nation stickers for running backs. It's similar to Zone 6 stickers for wideouts. 

One of the features on Oklahoma State's new uniforms was the reflective elements on the jersey and pants. I hadn't noticed it with the amount of light that would be present for a game, but you can see it here as they are walking out of their tunnel to take the field.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It just keeps getting worse and worse. As a throwback, it would be fine (but still not good considering nearly every game has been a different style). But unless I'm mistaken, they're mixing the throwback jersey with current black helmets and pants. Navy and black?

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

It just keeps getting worse and worse. As a throwback, it would be fine (but still not good considering nearly every game has been a different style). But unless I'm mistaken, they're mixing the throwback jersey with current black helmets and pants. Navy and black?

Did the players pick the combo?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The Nike press release says they'll be wearing the gold pants that they wore in the Spring game, so we'll see which ones they actually go with. Hopefully the gold, but most likely it'll be the black. Here's the photo from the press release:

IMG_2282.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Nike press release says they'll be wearing the gold pants that they wore in the Spring game, so we'll see which ones they actually go with. Hopefully the gold, but most likely it'll be the black. Here's the photo from the press release:

IMG_2282.JPG

They usually stick to the release. This isn't a bad look though as long as they avoid black pants. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Just like on the field, they've run into a brick wall for ideas.

That's what happens when your brand is "having no brand." Eventually you're just left with nothing.

Maybe they ought to try and build a consistent identity.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

absolutely love this. prefer the gold helmet like they wore in the spring but black is a nice option too. the black pants and socks gives it a really solid modern "clash" look with the throwback jersey. these things dont tie together in traditional sense but the work together in an unexpected way. its really hints towards a soccer aesthetic more than American football. this is a beautifully badd-ass uniform. can't wait to see it on the field

and even if they wear the gold pants, now its a throwback clashing of elements. the pants, jersey, and helmet might look like pieces of a seperate uniform but they all work well together. this overall is still a great uniform because the entire palette of colors and elements (or lack there of really) 

i dont see Nike/Oregon running out of ideas at all. they've always had consistency with the primary sets, just alternating colors. now we're seeing some different ideas being come into play and it seems like the Webfoots could be another extension here. i could see them coming out one week in the yellow jersey with the green helmet that has the old duck Puddles logo on the sides

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That's what happens when your brand is "having no brand." Eventually you're just left with nothing.

Maybe they ought to try and build a consistent identity.

Ever since Nike started just rolling out new templates annually, Oregon went away from sticking with one look for 3-4 years and now just gets a bunch of one-offs with only a couple that match design elements.

Archived