College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 minute ago, BrandMooreArt said:

absolutely love this. prefer the gold helmet like they wore in the spring but black is a nice option too. the black pants and socks gives it a really solid modern "clash" look with the throwback jersey. these things dont tie together in traditional sense but the work together in an unexpected way. its really hints towards a soccer aesthetic more than American football. this is a beautifully badd-ass uniform. can't wait to see it on the field

Hah i agree with most of your posts, but gotta disagree strongly here. navy/black is an awful combination IMO and this uni manages to muddle Oregon's brand even more, which i didn't even think was possible. black leotard bottom + navy tops = bad news. looks like a laundry mistake or something.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, elliott said:

Hah i agree with most of your posts, but gotta disagree strongly here. navy/black is an awful combination IMO and this uni manages to muddle Oregon's brand even more, which i didn't even think was possible. black leotard bottom + navy tops = bad news. looks like a laundry mistake or something.

well its a clash set. thats going to either throw people off, or attract them to it. its kind of an "asymmetric color palette". i think navy, black, and yellow trim is a very nice palette. :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Oregon football has now jumped the shark, the termite, two ostriches and a pack of hyenas.  Someone needs to tell them you're not allowed to have more costumes than wins.

What a joke. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

19 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Oregon football has now jumped the shark, the termite, two ostriches and a pack of hyenas.  Someone needs to tell them you're not allowed to have more costumes than wins.

What a joke. 

Again, at least the special one-offs this season (or two-off in this case since the jerseys were worn in the Spring Game) have actually had something to do with the school and football program themselves, rather than say the Lewis and Clark uniforms from last season that had nothing to do with the school and were more of a tribute to the state and expedition. And the argument that "you're not allowed to have more costumes than wins" is ridiculous. They're not going to change who they are from an aestethics standpoint just because they aren't having as much success these last couple of years. They've been at the forefront of uniform design since the early 2000's and they've had their fair share of successes and disappointments in that time. For better or for worse, their uniforms have drawn attention to the program for the last decade and a half and it has nothing to do with the play on the field. They will continue to wear as many uniforms as possible, and rightly so in my opinion. It'a who they are, and not just the football program, but the entire athletic department. The uniforms should never be brought into the discussions about the play of the teams because they are separate issues. Although I agree that Nike and Oregon need to get back on track with their ideas, I will always think that they should embrace who they are with respect to their uniforms regardless of the success of the teams. The coaching staff, players, etc. will do their best to improve the team, and they will continue wearing whatever uniforms and equipment that are given to them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Again, at least the special one-offs this season (or two-off in this case since the jerseys were worn in the Spring Game) have actually had something to do with the school and football program themselves, rather than say the Lewis and Clark uniforms from last season that had nothing to do with the school and were more of a tribute to the state and expedition. And the argument that "you're not allowed to have more costumes than wins" is ridiculous. They're not going to change who they are from an aestethics standpoint just because they aren't having as much success these last couple of years. They've been at the forefront of uniform design since the early 2000's and they've had their fair share of successes and disappointments in that time. For better or for worse, their uniforms have drawn attention to the program for the last decade and a half and it has nothing to do with the play on the field. They will continue to wear as many uniforms as possible, and rightly so in my opinion. It'a who they are, and not just the football program, but the entire athletic department. The uniforms should never be brought into the discussions about the play of the teams because they are separate issues. Although I agree that Nike and Oregon need to get back on track with their ideas, I will always think that they should embrace who they are with respect to their uniforms regardless of the success of the teams. The coaching staff, players, etc. will do their best to improve the team, and they will continue wearing whatever uniforms and equipment that are given to them.

Connection to the school or not, I think that Oregon needs to stop for a second and find a consistent uniform set. The one-offs are great, but they lose the value when every week it seems like they're doing something outrageous for every football game. They've worn 3 different shoulder patterns this year,  an in-state rival's color,  a blue collar uniform and I think they're up to 4 or 5 different helmets by now. I miss the days when Oregon surprised us by simply wearing Volt instead of their yellow, or when the carbon fiber helmet was the coolest thing ever. Oregon and Nike need to stop, take a breath and find a consistent look. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Soooo Nicholls State will apparently be wearing these unis this weekend....and I'm sad.

CtzMLNXUIAAFPjS.jpg

Looks like a new jersey but their normal pants, which is a big reason it just doesn't work.  The pattern is not the greatest either.

5 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Looks like a new jersey but their normal pants, which is a big reason it just doesn't work.  The pattern is not the greatest either.

Well, they're only worn gray or white pants thus far in 2016. I don't really know if the red pants are part of the normal uni sets or if they were acquired just for this game. Regardless, the uniforms are hideous.....much worse than what McNeese wore against us this past weekend.

christian_booker.jpg?width=745&height=42

gYH2mW9.png

At a certain point you've got to run out of good ideas for a a commemorative uniform. Oregon should stick to being on the cutting edge of new materials and manufacturing and quit with some of these concepts that are just to big of a reach. I did kind of like the Duck look from two weeks ago though. 

59 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Connection to the school or not, I think that Oregon needs to stop for a second and find a consistent uniform set. The one-offs are great, but they lose the value when every week it seems like they're doing something outrageous for every football game. They've worn 3 different shoulder patterns this year,  an in-state rival's color,  a blue collar uniform and I think they're up to 4 or 5 different helmets by now. I miss the days when Oregon surprised us by simply wearing Volt instead of their yellow, or when the carbon fiber helmet was the coolest thing ever. Oregon and Nike need to stop, take a breath and find a consistent look. 

I agree with you 100%. My point was that the notion that Oregon shouldn't be allowed to have more uniforms than wins is ridiculous. The uniforms are a seperate issue from the play on the field and should not be grouped together like that. They should absolutely continue with all of the uniforms, etc. (albeit a more streamlined and consistent look) because that is who they are and it's who they've been for 15 or so years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Soooo Nicholls State will apparently be wearing these unis this weekend....and I'm sad.

CtzMLNXUIAAFPjS.jpg

• random pattern inclusion for the sake of random pattern 
  • piping every goddamn where because "it's fun" 
  • sleeves brimming with ra-ra text because "is it fun yet?" 
  • black 
  • chrome/metal/war-inspired elements 
  • neon shades of colors because "herp derp modern fun" 

Result:  Adidas design

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

It just keeps getting worse and worse. As a throwback, it would be fine (but still not good considering nearly every game has been a different style). But unless I'm mistaken, they're mixing the throwback jersey with current black helmets and pants. Navy and black?

Maybe no one will recognize us when we get blown out by the Fuskies :wacko:

Why do they have to drag the whole state of Oregon into this Saturday's beatdown 

I liked Oregon's Puddles-inspired gear, but the Webfoots uniform is a sign that Nike has officially run out of ideas for Oregon. It looks like something an FCS or low-budget G5 program would have ordered out of a catalog just to keep up with the alternate uniform trend. Isn't that Navy's old number font from their last couple years with Nike? Aren't those Princeton's sleeve stripes?

Now that Oregon is regressing to their mean as a program, maybe it's time to put the costumes away. Nike can still get creative with the designs, but they need to stick with the school colors from now on and stop trying to come up with special-event uniforms for every game. Gimmicks are cool and all when you're winning, but the novelty wears off when you suck.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It does really resemble Navy's look when they wore the custom-painted helmets with battleships on them, though. The dark blue ones with dark grey trim and yellow piping.

edit:

11529226.0.jpeg

edit 2: oregon also just kind of looks like west virginia, lol.

IMO, you can only have a weekly fashion show when winning. Nobody is going to care what the uniforms look like when they are getting beat down. I understand that Oregon has become a brand and I usually love everything they do. That being said..if they arent putting a competitive team on the field nobody will pay attention anymore and the uniforms/gear wont matter

Archived