College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These should be Indiana's full time helmets

635782875975829295-USATSI-8811687.jpg

and then get wacky a couple times a year with the alternate lids for the kids, but that helmet right there is what htey should wear for a hefty majority of their games. It's beautiful. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2289.JPG

If I were Adidas, and I'm not, but if I were, I would have flipped the "Indiana script" 180 degrees. Most of the time on camera, when a player is crouched down, then the script would read "Indiana" properly for the TV audience....especially on the linemen. The way it is now, it will read upside-down to the TV audience. 

Does that make sense? It's a bit hard to put into words. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

These should be Indiana's full time helmets

635782875975829295-USATSI-8811687.jpg

and then get wacky a couple times a year with the alternate lids for the kids, but that helmet right there is what htey should wear for a hefty majority of their games. It's beautiful. 

The script needs a little tweaking (i.e. re-proportioning the "I" and "d," while drawing a better tail) before I'd have it be the primary. Until then, I'd take that helmet and put the "IU" pitchfork on it.

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

When any combo of Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin play I wish for "clash" kits, using a totally different color like is used in soccer. Just looks like a scrimmage.

New color? HELL NO. We're not Breast Cancer Oregon and this isn't FIFA. Keep your clash kits in countries that haven't landed on the moon.

Alternates, though? Sure. I liked the uniforms several years ago when Nebraska was wearing a red-out and Wisconsin was (mostly) a white-out. Made it easily visually. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

If I were Adidas, and I'm not, but if I were, I would have flipped the "Indiana script" 180 degrees. Most of the time on camera, when a player is crouched down, then the script would read "Indiana" properly for the TV audience....especially on the linemen. The way it is now, it will read upside-down to the TV audience. 

Does that make sense? It's a bit hard to put into words. 

Ummm no? Only if their knees bend backwards like chickens.

Maybe when a blitzing linebacker is doing that nearly-reclining thing where they're almost parallel to the ground like a push-up.

But linemen bend over like they're squatting for a poop. The thighs are parallel to the ground.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

58 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

New color? HELL NO. We're not Breast Cancer Oregon and this isn't FIFA. Keep your clash kits in countries that haven't landed on the moon.

Alternates, though? Sure. I liked the uniforms several years ago when Nebraska was wearing a red-out and Wisconsin was (mostly) a white-out. Made it easily visually. 

An all red vs all white would be a perfect solution. I just hate seeing a white jersey / red pants vs red jersey / white pants. Horrible.

I really do like the Indiana script, but I think the IU pitchfork is their most recognizable mark, and should be on the helmet.  (If you're going to have multiple, that's fine, but it should make regular appearances.)  It ties their athletic brand together.  I'm not sure why, but it feels like the football team has shied away from using it recently and I don't understand that.
indianaauthenticriddell.jpg

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Ummm no? Only if their knees bend backwards like chickens.

Maybe when a blitzing linebacker is doing that nearly-reclining thing where they're almost parallel to the ground like a push-up.

But linemen bend over like they're squatting for a poop. The thighs are parallel to the ground.

You're right. I envisioned it backwards.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

4 hours ago, radchad said:

I really do like the Indiana script, but I think the IU pitchfork is their most recognizable mark, and should be on the helmet.  (If you're going to have multiple, that's fine, but it should make regular appearances.)  It ties their athletic brand together.  I'm not sure why, but it feels like the football team has shied away from using it recently and I don't understand that.
indianaauthenticriddell.jpg

It's probably because this helmet screams OU at first glance. From long distances they'd be indistinguishable. That and the script just looks damn good so they should own it.

Midway.png

Memphis uniform is great helmet horrible. Temple needs white outline on the helmet logo and they would be ok...too much inconsistency. I'd go with the cincy based lid for Memphis just no chrome because that logo they normally use just doesn't look good on a helmet. 

Archived