buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

Surprised Indiana didn't go for broke and have candy stripe pants, just like the basketball warm-ups.  That would have been a sight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These should be Indiana's full time helmets

 

635782875975829295-USATSI-8811687.jpg

 

and then get wacky a couple times a year with the alternate lids for the kids, but that helmet right there is what htey should wear for a hefty majority of their games. It's beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2289.JPG

If I were Adidas, and I'm not, but if I were, I would have flipped the "Indiana script" 180 degrees. Most of the time on camera, when a player is crouched down, then the script would read "Indiana" properly for the TV audience....especially on the linemen. The way it is now, it will read upside-down to the TV audience. 

 

Does that make sense? It's a bit hard to put into words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

These should be Indiana's full time helmets

 

635782875975829295-USATSI-8811687.jpg

 

and then get wacky a couple times a year with the alternate lids for the kids, but that helmet right there is what htey should wear for a hefty majority of their games. It's beautiful. 

 

The script needs a little tweaking (i.e. re-proportioning the "I" and "d," while drawing a better tail) before I'd have it be the primary. Until then, I'd take that helmet and put the "IU" pitchfork on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CuGIm5yWYAAd-yU.jpg

When HDR goes terribly, terribly wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

When any combo of Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin play I wish for "clash" kits, using a totally different color like is used in soccer. Just looks like a scrimmage.

 

New color? HELL NO. We're not Breast Cancer Oregon and this isn't FIFA. Keep your clash kits in countries that haven't landed on the moon.

 

Alternates, though? Sure. I liked the uniforms several years ago when Nebraska was wearing a red-out and Wisconsin was (mostly) a white-out. Made it easily visually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

If I were Adidas, and I'm not, but if I were, I would have flipped the "Indiana script" 180 degrees. Most of the time on camera, when a player is crouched down, then the script would read "Indiana" properly for the TV audience....especially on the linemen. The way it is now, it will read upside-down to the TV audience. 

 

Does that make sense? It's a bit hard to put into words. 

 

Ummm no? Only if their knees bend backwards like chickens.

 

Maybe when a blitzing linebacker is doing that nearly-reclining thing where they're almost parallel to the ground like a push-up.

 

But linemen bend over like they're squatting for a poop. The thighs are parallel to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

 

New color? HELL NO. We're not Breast Cancer Oregon and this isn't FIFA. Keep your clash kits in countries that haven't landed on the moon.

 

Alternates, though? Sure. I liked the uniforms several years ago when Nebraska was wearing a red-out and Wisconsin was (mostly) a white-out. Made it easily visually. 

An all red vs all white would be a perfect solution. I just hate seeing a white jersey / red pants vs red jersey / white pants. Horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are really your only options unless they decide to add in black somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do like the Indiana script, but I think the IU pitchfork is their most recognizable mark, and should be on the helmet.  (If you're going to have multiple, that's fine, but it should make regular appearances.)  It ties their athletic brand together.  I'm not sure why, but it feels like the football team has shied away from using it recently and I don't understand that.
indianaauthenticriddell.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CS85 said:

CuGIm5yWYAAd-yU.jpg

When HDR goes terribly, terribly wrong.

Why not simply match the military uniform...

 

- White helmet/black facemask

- Black jersey with gold numerals outlined in red

- Navy pants with red stripe

- Black socks and shoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

Ummm no? Only if their knees bend backwards like chickens.

 

Maybe when a blitzing linebacker is doing that nearly-reclining thing where they're almost parallel to the ground like a push-up.

 

But linemen bend over like they're squatting for a poop. The thighs are parallel to the ground.

You're right. I envisioned it backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CS85 said:

CuGIm5yWYAAd-yU.jpg

When HDR goes terribly, terribly wrong.

Never use Valencia for photo ops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, radchad said:

I really do like the Indiana script, but I think the IU pitchfork is their most recognizable mark, and should be on the helmet.  (If you're going to have multiple, that's fine, but it should make regular appearances.)  It ties their athletic brand together.  I'm not sure why, but it feels like the football team has shied away from using it recently and I don't understand that.
indianaauthenticriddell.jpg

It's probably because this helmet screams OU at first glance. From long distances they'd be indistinguishable. That and the script just looks damn good so they should own it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Temple-Memphis game is one of them color rush games, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Memphis' jerseys but I'm so sick of asymmetric helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memphis uniform is great helmet horrible. Temple needs white outline on the helmet logo and they would be ok...too much inconsistency. I'd go with the cincy based lid for Memphis just no chrome because that logo they normally use just doesn't look good on a helmet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indiana should match that jersey with these pants.  Come on Indiana.  Do it!

 

IU_2012_A_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.