College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

23 hours ago, awuestenfeld said:

You're right about that pic... here are a few from the Fiesta Bowl vs ND, and all of the stripes seem to have a decal cut.

Ohio-State-Buckeyes.jpg

ct-pre-combine-mock-drafts-bears-20160223-008.jpg

AR-160109982.jpg

Figured I might as well go right to the source, so I spoke with the equipment manager for verification tonight. He said they were mostly decals last season, but a number of players tested out painted versions to see how it held up. JT Barrett was one, but he can't recall which game in particular. The entire team is painted this year on game days, but they wear plain gray shells or decaled versions in practice.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Did that "6" get the Oregon-top-heavy-strongman treatment or is it indicative of Adidas fabric? 

It's because of how the pads and jersey sit on the model. It's a standard block number. Sadly for EMU this uniform is the best one they'll wear this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Uniformity: Week 6 vs UCLA (from twitter, @sundevilcole7 and @ASU_Uniformity)

ASU is wearing their Desert Ice helmets and pants with their Desert Hammer jersey this weekend. First time this combo has been worn, and going with the inverse of the combo worn in the win against UCLA last year in Pasadena. (Ballage Moonwalk!)

Looks great to me. I still think they should wear maroon and gold as often as possible, but the copper at least ties into Arizona, and IMO is done tastefully.

The downsides to these jerseys (same as it was last year) are the numbers are hard to read on the jersey (especially from the stands), the annoyingly obvious shockweb on the gray, and the "SUN DEVILS" running up the sides.

But the upside is it looks like they've scaled down all of the big pitchforks on all of the helmets so the whole logo actually fits. We saw this earlier with the helmet against Texas Tech.

12062542_G.jpg12062546_G.jpg 12062544_G.jpg

Old Pitchfork on Helmet: Image result for asu big fork helmet

#5 Huskies going with the traditional gold/white/purple combo for tomorrow's rivalry game against the Ducks. The Huskies are sticking with tradition so far this season. They've worn gold/purple/gold for their four home games and gold/white/purple for their two road games.

3 hours ago, MCH925 said:

#5 Huskies going with the traditional gold/white/purple combo for tomorrow's rivalry game against the Ducks. The Huskies are sticking with tradition so far this season. They've worn gold/purple/gold for their four home games and gold/white/purple for their two road games.

Must be nice wearing school colors all season...

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

My high school always played Aldine high school in non district and I never knew if anyone else used this type of A logo...did Akron create this or copy it?

IMG_3122.PNG

I've seen catalog pages from years ago showing all the "letter in an oval" choices.  I'm of the opinion that it originated with a decal maker somewhere.... There's been a TON of them used over the years. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

59 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

I've seen catalog pages from years ago showing all the "letter in an oval" choices.  I'm of the opinion that it originated with a decal maker somewhere.... There's been a TON of them used over the years. 

My guess is that BYU inspired it. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived