buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

Miami looks great. That said ... FMFFM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's worn it all year, probably personal choice.

 

 

The HS he went to, Plano Sr High, has a strange tradition where all their QBs wear numbers in the 20s.   He simply carrying that over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Has Trevor Knight worn an adjusted SEC patch all year? His has a ribbon with Graduate on it wrapped below the bottom of the logo.

Players actually earning a degree at an SEC school is so rare, they get a celebratory patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Arkansas started the season wearing the patch. Other teams started this week. Every SEC team has the option to wear it, but not all are. Tennessee isn't, for instance.

 

(My bad, thought I said it was new this week in the original post)

iH8Wavo.jpg

 

Arkansas started it, the SEC adopted it. Teams will be adding the updated patches to their graduates' jerseys as their schedules allow. Not all patches had been sent to schools as of last week. Every school will participate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I didn't like about Miami's number font. Can't figure out what it is but I just don't like them. Rest of the uniform is great though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

I swear, I've seen more alternates as a Husker fan this year than I can remember in years past.  We faced Oregon and their usual madness in non-conference play, then both Nebraska and Northwestern suited up in alts against each other a few weeks back.  And next up we still have the Indiana Candy Stripes and Ohio State throwbacks, plus Maryland too, so there's even a chance of Terrapin/Under Armour antics down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adidas, this is why nobody wants to play at any of your schools. This was a horrendous game to watch on TV. The numbers completely disappeared from the TV angle and were difficult to read in close up shots. This shouldn't be legal. 

 

ucla-v-arizona-state-20161009-063448-149

 

have fun watching that tape and figuring out who's who on your own team, ASU. Adidas, get your :censored:ing act together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Adidas, get your :censored:ing act together.

Adidas response: 'no'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Adidas, this is why nobody wants to play at any of your schools. This was a horrendous game to watch on TV. The numbers completely disappeared from the TV angle and were difficult to read in close up shots. This shouldn't be legal. 

 

ucla-v-arizona-state-20161009-063448-149

 

have fun watching that tape and figuring out who's who on your own team, ASU. Adidas, get your :censored:ing act together.

That's the problem with those metallic numbers.. They're too much "in the middle".. They use colors that aren't light enough to show up on colored jerseys because they think the light reflection will help them show up, but then that same light reflection makes even dark numbers tough to see on white jerseys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just say I loathe you Oklahoma State. Your uniforms are damn near perfect. You got the "Nike treatment" and have come out in great looking sets almost every week. You stick to school colors yet have introduced patterns, alternate helmets, etc. That number set is a beauty. You guys know how to push the envelope without going overboard. 

 

I'm starting to wish my Ducks would focus on doing the same. A man can dream...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

That's the problem with those metallic numbers.. They're too much "in the middle".. They use colors that aren't light enough to show up on colored jerseys because they think the light reflection will help them show up, but then that same light reflection makes even dark numbers tough to see on white jerseys...

 

I know a lot of people hated these on the boards, but at least they were legible. Saturday was disgusting/awful to watch. The smaller pitchfork was a million times better as well.

 

6086c179ff2ed2b15138afccbc0960f7_origina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me a grumpy traditionalist all you want, but frankly, the last time the Sun Devils looked good was this:

 

az-04-08-maroongold-liamfoley-675x380.jp

 

Oh, and I still miss Sparky. The pitchfork just hasn't done it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

 

I know a lot of people hated these on the boards, but at least they were legible. Saturday was disgusting/awful to watch. The smaller pitchfork was a million times better as well.

 

6086c179ff2ed2b15138afccbc0960f7_origina

i agree that this uniform was miles better than adidas's version.. in fact, i'll go so far as to say i actually LIKE this uniform.. Adidas should've used white numbers with metallic copper outlines.. and you're right about the pitchfork as well... even the "smaller" version was still an entire half-helmet decal.. no need to go so big that it becomes difficult to tell what it is.. the smaller pitchfork on both sides from this photo, plus white numbers / copper outlines, and that adidas set goes from "dumpster fire" to "pretty good looking one-off".. although, i also agree that the "Sparky" days were superior..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oklahoma State is a team I feel doesn't have a distinct look anymore. Grey, chrome, alternate logos in every variation possible, and that stupid nike font treatment where they add spikes and notches everywhere just seems uninspired these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midway said:

Oklahoma State is a team I feel doesn't have a distinct look anymore. Grey, chrome, alternate logos in every variation possible, and that stupid nike font treatment where they add spikes and notches everywhere just seems uninspired these days. 

Uniform design is uninspired these days. I really do think 2010-2013 was the peak of modern uniform design, where all companies really tried to create something unique with each design, whether they succeeded or not. The past 3 years have been a reiteration of different fads, done over and over again. I don't think anyone is excited for what they're team is wearing anymore. Hell even when oregon was playing well, no one gave a :censored: about their uniforms. The peak era of quality multiple uniforms is over, and I feel like it's just going to get worse and worse until something drastic happens. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe limiting schools to 3 or 4 pants/jerseys and maybe 2 helmets might be a good idea. It won't happen though, because the people who care have no say, and the people who have say don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 7:42 PM, JosiahWVU said:

Something I didn't like about Miami's number font. Can't figure out what it is but I just don't like them. Rest of the uniform is great though.

The block numbers looked off to me as well.  I don't think it's just a fit issue either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, Silver_Star said:

 

At least they perfected the uniform to have one shade of green unlike The New York Jets. At least they found a way to make their sleeve piping work!

 

I was going to say that! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wyopokes2 said:

 

I know a lot of people hated these on the boards, but at least they were legible. Saturday was disgusting/awful to watch. The smaller pitchfork was a million times better as well.

 

6086c179ff2ed2b15138afccbc0960f7_origina

 

This players "pitchfork" is showing, and I'm not talking about the one on his helmet. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2016 at 6:22 PM, bri1275 said:

Better look at TCU and Kansas. 

IMG_0400.JPG

If Kansas went with a satin finish on the helmets, a smaller Jayhawk on both sides and white or light grey pants this would have looked so much better. And adidas' tinfoil numbers are just so annoying now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.