College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

6 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Uniform design is uninspired these days. I really do think 2010-2013 was the peak of modern uniform design, where all companies really tried to create something unique with each design, whether they succeeded or not. The past 3 years have been a reiteration of different fads, done over and over again. I don't think anyone is excited for what they're team is wearing anymore. Hell even when oregon was playing well, no one gave a :censored: about their uniforms. The peak era of quality multiple uniforms is over, and I feel like it's just going to get worse and worse until something drastic happens. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe limiting schools to 3 or 4 pants/jerseys and maybe 2 helmets might be a good idea. It won't happen though, because the people who care have no say, and the people who have say don't care.

i think the problem there is that everyone tried to think of EVERY single original idea possible to put out there, so by now most of the new/unique/original (and succesful) ideas are taken.. that is, until someone stumbles across another area of alteration or advancements in gear/uniform technology afford more opportunities..

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, McCarthy said:

Adidas, this is why nobody wants to play at any of your schools. This was a horrendous game to watch on TV. The numbers completely disappeared from the TV angle and were difficult to read in close up shots. This shouldn't be legal. 

ucla-v-arizona-state-20161009-063448-149

have fun watching that tape and figuring out who's who on your own team, ASU. Adidas, get your :censored:ing act together.

That is the ugliest, ugliest NCAA Football uniforms I have ever, ever seen. Never put copper and grey together as two main colors. That just makes the copper mud like color. I am sorry, I can't get over how ugly these :censored:ty uniforms from Arizona State University really and truly are. Throw these away in a fire and start all over again.

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Kansas went with a satin finish on the helmets, a smaller Jayhawk on both sides and white or light grey pants this would have looked so much better. And adidas' tinfoil numbers are just so annoying now. 

If the red was metallic to match the chrome red helmets, then the uniform would of worked decently.

49 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

That is the ugliest, ugliest NCAA Football uniforms I have ever, ever seen. Never put copper and grey together as two main colors. That just makes the copper mud like color. I am sorry, I can't get over how ugly these :censored:ty uniforms from Arizona State University really and truly are. Throw these away in a fire and start all over again.

I actually really like copper and grey together, but agree that this isn't the way to do it.

On 10/10/2016 at 5:09 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Call me a grumpy traditionalist all you want, but frankly, the last time the Sun Devils looked good was this:

az-04-08-maroongold-liamfoley-675x380.jp

Oh, and I still miss Sparky. The pitchfork just hasn't done it for me.

NOW THAT IS ARIZONA STATE! That is what I recognize!

Arizona State's old uniforms never did it for me; they just screamed "generic football team". Despite the ugly alternate uniforms and cheap-looking material (thanks, Adidas) they've used with their current set, the rest has actually been quite tolerable.

Image result for arizona state football

Image result for arizona state football

I still wish the pitchfork was used a little differently on the helmets, but I can deal with it.

The issue I have is that Arizona State doesn't stick with the gold lids and pants. It's such a beautiful look that has to be muddied with black, gray and copper. I'm okay with the all-white or all-maroon and a combination thereof, too. But I digress because it's pretty much the norm. 

It's just sad when Central Michigan is the best looking maroon and gold team each week. 

Archived