College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

10 hours ago, pianoknight said:

It was pretty well documented that Tillman was a bit of a jerk

Mind pointing me to some of that documentation?  I haven't seen it...but I did go to school with Pat, and nobody I know felt that way about him.  Sure, he was a bit aloof, because he always marched to the beat of his own drum, but never heard it described that way.  

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

LSU will be wearing special tribute decals to honor mascot Mike IV who succumbed to cancer this week. Looks like they'll be breaking out the white lids to go with the purple jerseys as well.

Lgi4Jn7.jpg

Absolutely awesome alternate look. One of the best in college football.

IMG_4510.JPG

On 10/13/2016 at 3:43 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Gotta be honest, I wish Fresno State would go back to this look. Drop shadow numbers and all. I loved it. Simple yet effective.

By_JUSTIN_KASE_CONDER_01_LARGE.jpg

On 10/13/2016 at 5:01 PM, WSU151 said:

I always liked this one the best: 

237464.0.jpg

I love both of those. From when I was a kid watching starting in 1985 and from when I went there in the mid-late 90s. They shouldnt force us to wear the black for black sake unis since they make us unrecognizable. We don't deserve either of those awesome unis.

11 hours ago, Voltron_Blue said:

Mind pointing me to some of that documentation?  I haven't seen it...but I did go to school with Pat, and nobody I know felt that way about him.  Sure, he was a bit aloof, because he always marched to the beat of his own drum, but never heard it described that way.  

Just Google "Pat Tillman Jerk." I'm not trying to overly demean the character of a dead man, but reports vary from "he was a nice guy" to "he was a pompous :censored: who mocked his peers and they intentionally shot him."

It's totally subjective. Some people love me and some hate me, so I'm not trying to put the guy squarely in one box. But I will say that it's perhaps likely that he wasn't the full-on Captain America that ASU makes him out to be. And that's my real problem - ASU continuing to parade him around and slap a PT42 sticker on every stitch of merchandise they can get their hands on. If you wish to respect the man's memory, than let him be. Move on.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Absolutely awesome alternate look. One of the best in college football.

IMG_4510.JPG

17 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

YES! I love it when LSU breaks out the white-purple-white. It really is an alternate done right.

16 hours ago, elliott said:

Yes agreed, they also happen to look incredibly good in the yellow-purple-yellow, though. A bit better than the white helmets IMO but this is a nice change of pace.

Well, this LSU grad doesn't like it.  Yellow-white yellow is our traditional and best look.  Back inthe 90s we had to fight to get it back as our home outfit. Yellow-purple-yellow, on the other hand, is supposed to be our alt for home non-conference games that AREN'T the home opener.  This white helmet/white pants ridiculousness and "throwback" gold jerseys and helmets that have been inserted every so often are not for me.  Leave all the crazy variation stuff to Oregon, Tennessee, Oklahoma State et als.  We should remain traditional, like our SEC west brethren Auburn and Alabama. 

It is what it is.

37 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

oops. Didn't mean to quote that. 

I dislike the white helmet and pants too, not just because they are unnecessary but also because the striping is bad. I  get it's the same pattern as the yellow but the line weights are all off and there's too much white space. Plus the thin yellow stripes are barely visible. If they must have  white pants and helmets they should just use a a traditional triple purple/yellow/purple stripe.

Regardless of his character, ASU pushes the PT42 thing so hard, it almost feels disrespectful at this point.  They're parading the name of a dead soldier around as (ultimately) a way to sell merchandise and tickets, and that just doesn't sit right with me.  Put up a statue and a sign if you want, retire his number, but don't throw his initials and number on every piece of merchandise 12 years later.

48 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Well, this LSU grad doesn't like it.  Yellow-white yellow is our traditional and best look.  Back inthe 90s we had to fight to get it back as our home outfit. Yellow-purple-yellow, on the other hand, is supposed to be our alt for home non-conference games that AREN'T the home opener.  This white helmet/white pants ridiculousness and "throwback" gold jerseys and helmets that have been inserted every so often are not for me.  Leave all the crazy variation stuff to Oregon, Tennessee, Oklahoma State et als.  We should remain traditional, like our SEC west brethren Auburn and Alabama. 

Eh, I don't want to be Alabama or Auburn. I think the alts are fine when done tastefully (which pretty much all of them have been). I would have preferred sticking with yellow lids and britches this week but I'm thinking that this was a team decision as Coach O is trying to do what he can to make the best of his opportunity. That being said, this look is not a bad look at all.

gYH2mW9.png

BYU wearing Royal Blue tonight vs Mississippi State.  Bulldogs wearing Silver-White-White.  Wanted to see Maroon-White-Gray for maximum contrast, which would have been a great matchup, but I digress.

Also, Ole Miss is wearing Powder Blue for the first time this season tomorrow at Arkansas.

2 hours ago, pscf3 said:

BYU wearing Royal Blue tonight vs Mississippi State.  Bulldogs wearing Silver-White-White.  Wanted to see Maroon-White-Gray for maximum contrast, which would have been a great matchup, but I digress.

Also, Ole Miss is wearing Powder Blue for the first time this season tomorrow at Arkansas.

Well I was debating driving down for the game tomorrow because I've been down there the past four weekends straight but that makes it a must that I go. Thanks for the heads up!

I like the alternates for LSU. It's not like they've never done something different like Auburn, or barely changed things once or twice like Alabama. LSU has done things weird for a long time, especially with wearing white at home. I love the yellow/white/yellow look. That's classic LSU. The yellow/purple/yellow is another great look. But LSU has more liberty to play around with uniforms than the other two mentioned. I mean, they were one of the first teams to do something different after Katrina. 

LSU has seemingly had a different one-off every other year or so since then. The Pro Combats, the throwbacks, and now the white accents. It's fun, and it's short lived. Its not a black or camo or pink or whatever uniform. It truly is tastefully done, and I'm ok with it. 

USATSI_2238207-620x1158.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, pscf3 said:

MS State looks pretty good in that combination.

5 hours ago, pscf3 said:

i wonder if the silver helmets are a nod to Dak Prescott's Dallas Cowboys?

47 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Couldn't Memphis come up with an M logo that has the tiger leaping to the opposite side so both tigers are leaping towards the front of the helmet?!

That's bugged me for years.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived