College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

LSU should out the Pelican as an alt logo to their helmet. Also delete those incomplete shoulder stripes

This was a one off design that may have been worn two times over ten years ago.  I actually liked this design, but not as a daily look for LSU. I was surprised someone else didn't adopt this. Did Nike never make this a template design? Would be a cool alternate jerseydesign for New England to put their shoulder numbers on if they added them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This was a one off design that may have been worn two times over ten years ago.  I actually liked this design, but not as a daily look for LSU. I was surprised someone else didn't adopt this. Did Nike never make this a template design? Would be a cool alternate jerseydesign for New England to put their shoulder numbers on if they added them. 

they were worn 9 years ago, and only worn once (although the helmet and pants design has appeared a few times over the years, dating back to 1997)

Uniformity: Week 8 ASU vs. Wazzu  (via twitter from @sundevilcole7 and @ASU_Uniformity)

ASU is breaking out the Sparky helmets and pants for homecoming this weekend! They will be honoring the 1987 Rose Bowl team (which beat a Michigan team with Jim Harbaugh at QB) at the game.

12199253_G.jpg 12199255_G.jpg 12199251_G.jpg

I wish they would have busted out a form of the 1987 uniform:

Image result for rose bowl 1987

or at least brought back the Tillman jersey (minus the camo) from last year to go full throwback, but this is still an awesome combination. Honestly should be what they wear every week if they want to combine some eras together.

With the way the shoulder stripes are of the new maroon jersey and Sparky helmet and pants though, it does have some shades of the short-lived "sabre" side panel uniform from 2003. I think were probably the worst uniforms the team has ever worn....

Image result for asu 2003 football Image result for asu 2003 football

Anyway, I'm definitely a huge fan of the uniform this week. Would not be mad at all if all the other decals and helmets mysteriously disappeared from the equipment room the rest of the year.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:33 PM, ckunz said:

Maybe off topic. But one of my favorite uniform matchups from this year came from BYU and Michigan State. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Michigan State should stick with this set for the foreseeable future.  BYU looks nice but it would be great if they went back to royal full time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

Uniformity: Week 8 ASU vs. Wazzu  (via twitter from @sundevilcole7 and @ASU_Uniformity)

ASU is breaking out the Sparky helmets and pants for homecoming this weekend! They will be honoring the 1987 Rose Bowl team (which beat a Michigan team with Jim Harbaugh at QB) at the game.

or at least brought back the Tillman jersey (minus the camo) from last year to go full throwback, but this is still an awesome combination. Honestly should be what they wear every week if they want to combine some eras together.

With the way the shoulder stripes are of the new maroon jersey and Sparky helmet and pants though, it does have some shades of the short-lived "sabre" side panel uniform from 2003. I think were probably the worst uniforms the team has ever worn....

Anyway, I'm definitely a huge fan of the uniform this week. Would not be mad at all if all the other decals and helmets mysteriously disappeared from the equipment room the rest of the year.

I wish they were wearing the '87 set too, but I'm just happy to see Sparky on the helmets.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/1/2016 at 6:58 PM, j'villejags said:
42 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

Image result for asu 2003 football Image result for asu 2003 football

I really don't like this. I feel like I should because Sparky is back for the week, but it just looks like random and thrown together. I don't know why Adidas didn't go full retro here, but it really hurts the whole concept. Sparky looks good on simpler, older looking styles. It clashes alot with the newer uniforms and it looks bad as a whole. Disappointing.

10 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Sparky is a good start, but should have gone full retro.  This feels lazy and like whoever came up with the idea to "honor" the '87 team said "eh good enough"

Adidas has ravaged ASU's identity just like Katrina ravaged New Orleans.

If that current adidas jersey had stitched numbers and letters that weren't reflective and had everything outlined in white as opposed to black (like the throwback jersey) that would make that uniform leaps and bounds more aesthetically pleasing. 

Im loving Sparky back on the helmet. I wish that was a permanent fixture.

3 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

New helmets for Duke

CvNaaA-WIAA-jB9_zpssxzlopin.jpg

unpopular opinion possibly, but I like this.  Especially as a one game alt.  I think that logo is awesome.  Not crazy about the grey lid, but i can live with it.  They at least put an interesting story behind the reason for grey:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-new-duke-helmets-commemorating-the-1942-rose-bowl-are-making-us-swoon/

The 1942 Rose Bowl was played between Oregon State and Duke with the Beavers winning 20-16. Now, while it may seem strange to you that Duke was playing in the Rose Bowl, you should know that in 1942, Oregon State -- as winner of the Pacific Conference -- was allowed to choose its opponent. It wanted to play Minnesota, which was ranked No. 1 at the time, but the Western Conference (which became the Big Ten) did not allow its teams to play in bowl games yet. So Oregon State chose Duke instead.

Oh, and the Rose Bowl wasn't played at the Rose Bowl in 1942. In fact, it wasn't even played in the state of California or on the west coast. Nope, it was played in Durham, North Carolina, home of the Duke Blue Devils.

Strange, yes? Well, it made sense at the time, as less than a month earlier, Japan had bombed Pearl Harbor entering the United States into World War II. Understandably, there was fear of another Japanese attack on the west coast, so the game was moved to the other side of the country.

To commemorate the 75th anniversary of this rare situation, Duke will wear special battleship grey helmets against Virginia Tech on Nov. 5, and I have to tell you, they're pretty sweet.

FYI, Duke's uniforms for the 1942 Rose Bowl weren't exactly easy on the eyes.  I can see why they didn't want to make modern day versions of these:

QVWHANOWQEFOOQH.20121201171541.jpg

AFMRQDRWVRZHLBE.20070423144315.jpg

90758391980.gif

Archived