College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

6 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

New helmets for Duke

CvNaaA-WIAA-jB9_zpssxzlopin.jpg

Some more information:  This is for the 75th anniversary celebration of the Durham Rose Bowl on Nov. 5 against Virginia Tech.  This was the only year the Rose Bowl was played away from its namesake stadium as Pearl Harbor occurred a month earlier, there were blackouts and crowd restrictions on the West Coast, so the team from the East who was playing in the game (Duke) offered to host the gam in Durham.  The grey helmet is representative of battleships as many players on both teams then went off to war shortly after the game (as did Duke coach and stadium namesake Wallace Wade).  A new book on this game, the players, and their war experiences is also being released around this game.  The logo is the logo of the World War II 88th infantry who was nicknamed the Blue Devils (with an Iron Duke D added like a sailor's tattoo).  Duke is also wearing a "Foootball Field to Battlefield" 75th anniversary patch noted below on its standard black uniforms with battleship grey base layers.  More info here:

0bbf22b58948a250582ce202_306x308.jpg

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22672&SPID=1843&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211240492&DB_OEM_ID=4200 

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&id=5701398

http://www.goduke.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1994358&DB_OEM_ID=4200

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't get said enough:

Boise State's helmets deserve to be executed.

They would be abysmal for one game. I can't fathom the thought process behind keeping them for... Idk has it been like 6 years by now? They've had those things forever. Bush might have been President when they first brought em out. Has any human being on the face of the earth ever said that they're good helmets? There's no way right? Any recruit they get isn't coming because of their helmet with the giant chrome bronco logo on one side and the little bitch number font on the other side. They're the worst thing I've seen since 9/11. 

Ill show myself out 

90758391980.gif

I really, really don't understand the trend of having a logo on one side of the helmet and a number on the other.

Symmetry is always better looking.  Just put the logo (or even the numbers) on both sides and the look will improve dramatically.

11 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Elsewhere... Word on the street is that WVU's uniform combo against TCU this weekend will be:

clint-trickett-ncaa-football-baylor-west

Meh

It always makes me mad when teams like WVU or Minnesota wear stripeless white pants with a home jersey that has no white on it, it looks so out of place. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I've always known Miami to be a team with a modern uniform design, so I'm not the biggest fan of this look. But if it's a must for Mark Richt to have a traditional look, at least make the stripes on the pants and jersey match the helmet. It looked bad in the 80s, too. 

And, FWIW, Virginia Tech's helmet stripes, as much as I like them as well, don't mesh with the more traditional UCLA stripes on the shoulders. 

7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I've always known Miami to be a team with a modern uniform design, so I'm not the biggest fan of this look. But if it's a must for Mark Richt to have a traditional look, at least make the stripes on the pants and jersey match the helmet. It looked bad in the 80s, too. 

And, FWIW, Virginia Tech's helmet stripes, as much as I like them as well, don't mesh with the more traditional UCLA stripes on the shoulders. 

Miami's stripe pattern would be worlds better if they matched the stripes on the white helmet and white jersey.  There's simply no reason to have a different stripe pattern when the background color is exactly the same.  Clutters the look horribly.  

Right now the helmet stripe is G-O-G and the jersey stripe is O-G-O.  I personally like the orange stripe on the helmet a little better, but both look fine.  Just pick a lane.

VT's helmet stripes don't bother me too much.  They're a subtle fade (less so than the Denver Broncos' stripes) so it works.  What irritates me far more are the giant orange toilet seat collars.  They need to either whittle those things down considerably, or just nix the collar design altogether.  A plain maroon collar would look perfectly fine and put more emphasis on the shoulder stripes, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That's a gorgeous look from Oregon. They really need to look closely at that jersey and understand that using nothing but school colors really does work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, pianoknight said:

VT's helmet stripes don't bother me too much.  They're a subtle fade (less so than the Denver Broncos' stripes) so it works.  What irritates me far more are the giant orange toilet seat collars.  They need to either whittle those things down considerably, or just nix the collar design altogether.  A plain maroon collar would look perfectly fine and put more emphasis on the shoulder stripes, IMO.

The fade doesn't bother me so much as the helmet stripe being different than the jersey stripe. There are extra maroon stripes separating the white from the orange. Match it to the jersey stripe and it's gorgeous. More or less the same debate as the Miami stripes. The stripes are on the same background color so they should match. Same reason I hate the Gators white helmet...it's the only element in the entire set to introduce a completely different stripe design.

1 minute ago, BrandMooreArt said:

is it a white uniform or wolf gray for Oregon? i really wish they'd stop doing shoots/videos in caves so we can actually see the damn thing

It's white. The sleeves, cuffs, and collar are all gray though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived