College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Western Michigan needs to pick one template and go with it.  They only added the "Tusk" template last year when no one else wears it. They have 3 RTB uniforms, a separate white jersey. They're just horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, OnWis97 said:

Iowa's punter and quarterback are both 16.  I am surprised there is no rule against that.  Seems like they could sneak the QB out for a fake or the P out for a quick kick.

I think it's actually fairly common for teams to do this.  Like you said, if the other team isn't paying enough attention, you can put your QB on the field instead of your punter and run a fake.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Western Michigan needs to pick one template and go with it.  They only added the "Tusk" template last year when no one else wears it. They have 3 RTB uniforms, a separate white jersey. They're just horrible. 

They also need to decide whether they're a brown or black team, and they need to stop mangling their helmet logo.

Personally, I think they got it right all the way back in 2003 and every change since then has been a downgrade.

3R7bBT6.jpg

fdQSwmj.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

21 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They also need to decide whether they're a brown or black team, and they need to stop mangling their helmet logo.

Personally, I think they got it right all the way back in 2003 and every change since then has been a downgrade.

3R7bBT6.jpg

fdQSwmj.jpg

I liked the Reebok design before with the sleeve stripes. But the fact they have deconstructed the bronco and then made it a logo that only the football team uses(the mangled version) is just sad. Another sad bit is how much better Miami looks in the Denver Broncos look as compared to their current looks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I always liked those Miami helmets. The bowling balls were horrendous and the current ones, the Wisconsin knockoffs with the thin stripes and shrunken M don't do it for me. 

154843916.0.jpg

The NCAA logos all over the back panel is kinda weird too. Just slap the Redhawks logo with the wings outspread on there instead.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Horrendous doesn't even begen to describe those bowling ball helmets. Arguably one of the top - 3 worst of all time.

Speaking of bad. Newberry Wolves of D-II

16446L.jpg

16440L.jpg

16428L.jpg

Yup, Vertical and Horizontal stripes on the helmet.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

Horrendous doesn't even begen to describe those bowling ball helmets. Arguably one of the top - 3 worst of all time.

16446L.jpg

16440L.jpg

16428L.jpg

With all the stripes converging in the back, it almost looks like a backwards Michigan helmet, hah.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 10/21/2016 at 10:27 PM, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

OH DEAR GOD.

I remember a few years ago several people on this board remarked that neon / LED / glow in the dark uniforms would be the next trend after BFBS and then Chrome for Chrome Sake. 

Thanks, Louisville, for making the future happen.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 10/22/2016 at 9:27 AM, guest23 said:

Not the luckiest of seasons. Seems like chip's gimmicks finally got exposed and they have to start worrying about recruiting and playing football rather than "changing the game". Oregon needs to go on a uniform moratorium until they make a new year's bowl again. Stick them with the green helmet, green jersey, white  jersey, and white pants for the foreseeable future. :D

Agree totally.  When you're winning in big, flashy style you can get away with big, flashy uniforms.

2016 has turned Oregon into that rich neighborhood kid with six pairs of Jordans who still can't sink a layup. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

On 10/22/2016 at 0:27 PM, guest23 said:

Not the luckiest of seasons. Seems like chip's gimmicks finally got exposed and they have to start worrying about recruiting and playing football rather than "changing the game". Oregon needs to go on a uniform moratorium until they make a new year's bowl again. Stick them with the green helmet, green jersey, white  jersey, and white pants for the foreseeable future. :D

This sounds so dumb, they no longer have an elite qb, NFL caliber lineman on both sides of the ball to masks deficiencies. The same so called gimmicks are now a staple through out college football. 

39 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

SMU pulled out the charcoal in their win over Houston.  Not bad except for the pink horse on the helmet.

Not bad except that the charcoal clashes with every other color. It'd almost be better if it were black.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

3R7bBT6.jpg

fdQSwmj.jpg

My friend, who is the video coordinator for football at WMU, explained to me that when Fleck came to WMU he changed the colors from black and gold to brown and gold. Officially, brown and gold are the school colors. But, for some reason, in the last decade or so the previous coaches were using black. Fleck wanted to use the team's actual colors. Further, Fleck did not like the Bronco logo on the helmets and wanted to create a specific identity for the team. The current logo, the "Ghost Bronco" was created specifically for the football team and is only used by the football team. When the school recently updated the logo, the offical style guide has the Ghost Bronco listed and that is only to be used for football.

So Fleck just took the team back to the original color scheme and created a logo just for the team. Kinda wish more coaches did stuff like this.

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

My friend, who is the video coordinator for football at WMU, explained to me that when Fleck came to WMU he changed the colors from black and gold to brown and gold. Officially, brown and gold are the school colors. But, for some reason, in the last decade or so the previous coaches were using black. Fleck wanted to use the team's actual colors. Further, Fleck did not like the Bronco logo on the helmets and wanted to create a specific identity for the team. The current logo, the "Ghost Bronco" was created specifically for the football team and is only used by the football team. When the school recently updated the logo, the offical style guide has the Ghost Bronco listed and that is only to be used for football.

So Fleck just took the team back to the original color scheme and created a logo just for the team. Kinda wish more coaches did stuff like this.

Sure, except that the "Ghost Bronco" looks like complete butt compared to the actual design.  And it's a pretty obvious rip off of the Boise State helmet, so it's not even an original "specific" identity.

Also, ors... Way too many ors.

7 hours ago, Davidellias said:

16446L.jpg

16440L.jpg

16428L.jpg

Well, not exactly...

All players have the low wedge (similar to Navy/V-Tech, only one color)..

The players with stripes on their helmets are members of "The Order of the Gray Stripe", which is basically team captains to keep it simple.. Also, the gray stripe is a metallic silver chrome that is only visible sometimes, and can look very clean. (#5 & #55 below are not "Gray-Stripers", while #7 & #19 are)

Also, the stripe does not cut into the low wedge, as seen here on #7 Raleigh Yeldell, who is currently 4th in D2 for total offense..

Shame you caught one of the two times we wore gray.. Our scarlet on white is a much sharper looking uniform.. (I can't stand the fact that our gray jerseys have red numbers) 

IMG_5767.PNG

IMG_5768.PNG

IMG_5769.PNG

IMG_5771.PNG

7 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

This sounds so dumb, they no longer have an elite qb, NFL caliber lineman on both sides of the ball to masks deficiencies. The same so called gimmicks are now a staple through out college football. 

Your statement proves my point. The competitive advantage is now gone and the ducks have reverted to the mean. Success in the long term is much more tied to recruiting and talent development than running a high school offense really really fast. It was foolish to think that their window of success could be sustained in the long term.

Archived