College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Incarnate Word (FCS) will be wearing new matte red helmets this year.

Cf4FEFgWsAAOzs6.jpg:large

If they just went with Cardinals on each side these would be a good luck. unfortunately they wear Shockweb jerseys so it look even worse.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, LEWJ said:

Buffalo is (thankfully) dropping its "State University of New York" wordmark. Looks like a new "spirit mark" as well.

14890_athletics_logot.jpg

http://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2016/04/ub-athletics-logo-will-once-again-prominently-feature-buffalo-not-new-york

That's fantastic news.  The whole fracas reeked of the California Angels of Anaheim But Playing In Los Angeles But Still Just California Angels debacle.

Plus in the case of Buffalo, they were the University AT Buffalo, not University OF Buffalo.  The whole State University of New York (SUNY) thing is just odd, especially in athletics.  No cheer squad in their right mind can rhyme "Gooooo S.U.N.Y.A.B.!!!"  It's just beyond stupid.

Side note.  Had they just scrapped the SUNY part and gone simply with "University At Buffalo," they probably could have copped all the UAB web domains on the cheap.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

pitt-script-navy-goldstroke.jpg

CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF PITT SCRIPT!

Join Pitt Athletics to celebrate the return of the Pitt Script with a new uniform unveiling featuring all 19 of Pitt's varsity sports.

Date: Wednesday, May 18
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

18 hours ago, JSS said:
pitt-script-navy-goldstroke.jpg

CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF PITT SCRIPT!

Join Pitt Athletics to celebrate the return of the Pitt Script with a new uniform unveiling featuring all 19 of Pitt's varsity sports.

Date: Wednesday, May 18
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Ahhh beat me to it! Must say I will be attending this event for sure

3 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

New Purdue uniforms coming tomorrow. Looks like they have some stripe design on the yokes

It'd be great if they brought back the old brassy gold, which was great for the name Boilermakers...but that'll never happen, unfortunately.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, several teams have moved from the nice brassy gold to the boring and drab gold (Vandy, Colorado, Navy) so it would be nice to see a return but, I'm anxious to see what the sleeve stripes will look like, It should distance them from the other teams who have the colors black and gold with no sleeve stripes (Army, Idaho, Vandy, Colorado)

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 4/14/2016 at 4:23 PM, Clintau24 said:

New Purdue uniforms coming tomorrow. Looks like they have some stripe design on the yokes

http://www.focusfightfinish.com/gallery

Not bad.  Not awesome.  A little too much going on, IMO.  Is the design on the shoulders just for the sake of design?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

http://www.focusfightfinish.com/gallery

Not bad.  Not awesome.  A little too much going on, IMO.  Is the design on the shoulders just for the sake of design?  

It's supposed to represent a cowcatcher, the metal frame in front of the locomotive. 

Here's the description Straight from Nike's mouth: "The cowcatcher represents the will of the team to push past its opponent on the way to victory"

I despise the logo-side/number-side helmet fad so so so much. Also, I miss pant stripes. 

And I think the "cowcatcher" should be gold on the white if they're going to have it.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

That white helmet would look so cool if they had the locomotive on both sides. Glad they kept the other helmets. 

The the number font is an upgrade for me. 

The cowcatcher is a cool idea but it will probably just get lost. Disappointed with the removal of the pants stripe. And that gray alt is just bad and almost a blatant copy of Tennessee's Smokey Grays. 

Archived