College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

That definitely does not look good. Boring stormtrooper look for MSU, and ugly chromed out bfbs look for UK. Blue Blue White vs. Maroon White Silver would have been gorgeous.

I have to disagree about Miss. State being boring as I thought they looked fantastic! I just wish Kentucky would realize you don't have to look like a clown to look fantastic. 

spacer.png

Until 14 months ago, I thought the Uniform Renaissance of the past decade had passed my school by.  I resigned myself to Colorado's black and gold - beautiful in the sunlight, but under the lights it could get kinda 'Saints-Super-Domey' dark and dour.  

Even worse, the Missouri Tigers - who wore mirror image duds in my youth - they designed an extraordinary new look, still my favorite overall redesign of any uniform in any sport.  But alas, their new gold was tinted orange, commensurate with their tiger-morphic overhaul.  Left us in the dust.

Then some genius in Beaverton - he got us back to the basics.  

Back to the OFFICIAL SCHOOL COLORS ... back to Gold and SILVER.

And damned if that didn't make all the difference ...................

. . . .. . unis.JPG

I've always appreciated Phil Knight holding the Buffs and Broncos near and dear, but never has his attention paid off like this, this is amazing:  The latest 2017 national recruiting rankings list Colorado 19th (Rivals), 24th (ESPN) and 25th (Scout), which is ASTONISHING seeing that until six weeks ago we were a laughingstock.  And ... the recruiters tell us every.single.signee has mentioned the uniforms.

WIth the onfield renaissance leading the way, it's a multi-color mix-and-match wonderland:

• FOUR colors of pants
  • THREE jersey colors
  • THREE helmet colors

We're 6-2 now -- and three of our last four are in Boulder. Only roadie is against Arizona .... so there's a VERY realistic chance we win the South.

Keeping with the thread title, although the Mix-and-Match started last season, there's ONE mix we've been saving for 2016: SILVER-BLACK-SILVER ... it's on tap for the regular season finale against Utah in Boulder .... and a real chance at a 10-2 record .... 10-3 after a Pac-12 Championship Game loss to Washington (hey, I'm not drunk), and you can COLOR me hap-hap-happy!

wS7MJ6T.png

In somewhat of a surprise move, Oregon is wearing the yellow jerseys for the second time this season and are reprising the popular black/yellow/black combination that hasn't seen the field since 2011/12 (coincidentally the same year that last saw the Ducks wear yellow jerseys in two games). In my opinion this is the best combination of the season, mainly because the shattered glass wing pattern is far superior to the Alamo Bowl wing pattern and the black/yellow/black has always been a really sharp look for them.

IMG_2457.JPGIMG_2458.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

In somewhat of a surprise move, Oregon is wearing the yellow jerseys for the second time this season and are reprising the popular black/yellow/black combination that hasn't seen the field since 2011/12 (coincidentally the same year that last saw the Ducks wear yellow jerseys in two games). In my opinion this is the best combination of the season, mainly because the shattered glass wing pattern is far superior to the Alamo Bowl wing pattern and the black/yellow/black has always been a really sharp look for them.

IMG_2457.JPGIMG_2458.JPG

Gotta agree with you on this one. That's an extremely good look for them. Love those cleats too. 

11 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'm still expecting Oregon to wear the anthracite version of their Alamo Bowl uniforms this season.

So am I, and it makes sense they're seemingly saving them for the Stanford game because they've worn black in their past two home games against Stanford and it appears as though the anthracite jersey is taking the place of a black jersey this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived